Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree AP, we had a cat too but she was young (9) when we lost her. It was so heartbreaking we decided no more animals. Further down the line here we are with our two dogs (14 and 12 years). The inevitable will happen but this time there will be no more animals...can't go through it again!
    Last edited by Jay22; 02-11-2015, 10:16 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Morning everyone, well nearly afternoon.
      You say say no more, but does´t losing one outweigh all the amazing years, especially when you safe a life. Adopting a fury friend that had no other hope is amazing.

Well we had a scary night, one of the worst storms i have felt for years, no electric, very strong winds, thunder, lightening that you could see for miles and the rain poured. Luckily we had had dinner and was all snug in for the night.
      We still did not light the fire, i keep saying we will but with the oven on for a few hours it warmed the house through. (apart from bedrooms and bathroom it is all open plan, do no even have a hallway)

Feeling a bit mopey today, so just going to potter slowly, the house needs a clean top to bottom so i guess i´ll move some muck from one side of the house to the other and then the boys will run through it and i will start agin!

Have a good rest of the day x
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Morning all,

Yesterday was supposed to be a relaxing no fuss day but....
        As kids are back to school today, we brought them out in the afternoon for a wander around some shops and some treats and ice cream...
        Then we got back to the car to go home and wouldn't start....

Went for another wander for a while to see if time would heal it, but arrived back and no change..
        So rang my Mam to come collect herself and the kids and the AA to look at the car...
        Phone calls made, I decided to try one last time and lo and behold it started

Cue 2 cancellation calls...

Ah well, I did manage to cheer myself up by going out for a few sociable nice creamy pints of Guinness with one of the neighbours last night..
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

I think it may be that time of year when you lift your bonnets and give everything a good spray with Dampstart or similar.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Gosh i am bored today, weather is horrible and its a holiday so everything is closed up. I have posted about 30 times so soon will be at a 1000

sigpic

Comment

This why the storm was scary last night, just like a few years ago but luckily didn't last as long.
              My car is surrounded with water and would have to wad to it. ! Spanish News Today - What Is A Gota Fria?
              We are only 40mins for Lorca and Puerto Lumbreras.

sigpic

Comment

Been a really bonnie day in Aberdeen. Forecast still ok for tomorrow I think as well

Comment

We had about a hours worth of sun and blue skies this morning before it went back foggy again.
                  Carrie

Comment

There has been a smirr here all day long!
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, what a day

First my daughter tells us that our 2nd grandchild will be a girl to add to the boy and within the hour my MILs consultant confirms she has lung cancer and starts chemo thursday or friday

heads are everywhere.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, Jackarmy. It must be very hard to be so happy one minute and have such a nasty shock the next. All the best wishes for your mother in law.
                        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your MiL Jack>
                          I've had an odd day too - I'm just back from A&E. My neighbour fell and broke her hip, so I've been with her since it happened just after lunch. Waiting for the ambulance and seeing her through Xrays etc. Doing bits for her husband too as he has mobility problems. I may be a bit busy for the next few days!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your MIL Jack, I'm sure the good news about the little one will help her through. Best wishes to you all!
                            sigpic

Comment

Morning all
                              Just got up ready to catch my train home! Will have more time to chat tomorrow.
                              Sorry to hear about your news jack.

Comment

Morning all.
                                So sorry to hear about your bad news Jack. Hopefully the news of your new little one will help lift everyone. Thought are with you Jack and your family.
                                Horrible and murky here again. So jobs at home again I think.
                                Have a good day everyone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X