Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's brilliant Wendy! I have been wondering about him since Hibou had her accident.
    sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.
      Didn't think I'd get on line this today after I'd lost the will to live shoe shopping with Han. Took over an hour for one pair. Then had to drop OH off at work then go and see my mom and dad.
      Am finally home now and sat with a cuppa. Next job is to tidy up yet and do the washing up again.
      Have a good afternoon everyone
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
        Dear grandson is 25 today.
        We went to town for his birthday gift and some lunch. Now have other grandson and grandaughter for the afternoon.
        Just seeing how quickly they are growing up is scary.
        My eldest granddaughter was 18 yesterday. Where do the years go? I took her present over, which was confusing as it was a cooperation with other members of the family and she hadn't had the first bit which I didn't know.

She is a drop dead gorgeous redhead and I'm so proud of her.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Just back from the library.
          The librarian informed I can now take out twelve books at a time if I so wish
          I just love the library.
          Does snybody else go, or is it just me as I never hear anybody mentioning it.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yes, I go Bramble. Take grand-daughter on a Tuesday for Bounce and Rhyme where we all sit in a circle with our various little charges and sing "The Wheels on the Bus" or "Five Little Ducks", doing all the actions whilst the children (theoretically) shake noisy things rhythmically. That is the theory. There is considerably more enthusiasm than musical talent but hey.... we all enjoy it, except the one librarian who has been co-opted to do this. She looks distinctly uncomfortable, poor woman! And then, since I'm there I get a chance to choose some books. Grand-daughter has just discovered that paper rips very satisfyingly so she gets to 'read' the Sunday supplements and old seed catalogues. She can't be trusted with a library book yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
              Yes, I go Bramble. Take grand-daughter on a Tuesday for Bounce and Rhyme where we all sit in a circle with our various little charges and sing "The Wheels on the Bus" or "Five Little Ducks", doing all the actions whilst the children (theoretically) shake noisy things rhythmically. That is the theory. There is considerably more enthusiasm than musical talent but hey.... we all enjoy it, except the one librarian who has been co-opted to do this. She looks distinctly uncomfortable, poor woman! And then, since I'm there I get a chance to choose some books. Grand-daughter has just discovered that paper rips very satisfyingly so she gets to 'read' the Sunday supplements and old seed catalogues. She can't be trusted with a library book yet!
              But, you are starting her early Susie. I started my grand kids off like that as well.I think a love of books and reading is a great gift to pass on to a child.
              There is nothing like the magic of reading a story to a child.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I have got two book cases full of the kids books. Will loves Julia Donaldson who did The Gruffalo and Han loves her fact books. My books have a very small space on bottom shelf and I'm lucky to get that.
                Think I will have to move them soon as I know several people have got them some more books for Christmas.
                sigpic

Comment

• I don't go to the library. I get books on my kindle instead.

I am trying to read at the moment the Game of thrones books. But I like murder and crime books.
                  Carrie

Comment

• Like Carrie, I read books on my kindle every night. I also am able to 'borrow' books from the charity shop.
                    The GG just loves factual reading, horrible histories is her favourite
                    She was the only one in her class that knew all about a Guy Fawkes. Love our little bookworm
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Evening all.......
                      golfing went well with a nice turnout and much needed funds raised for the club...It makes the volunteering worth while when people turn out, donate prizes and inform you how much the club's efforts are appreciated

Prize giving later, so a few social drinks a possibility
                      I might be late in tomorrow
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

• I also have a kindle but there is something about browsing in the library, never knowing when you might find a really good book unexpectidely.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

I've an exciting afternoon ahead...got a famous grape coming over
                          Almost nice enough to eat outside !
                          Ah Nicos I give up, which grape is almost nice enough to eat out side? and yes Bramble I go to the local library ( as Dublin is a bit far for me) and I prefer reading books rather than the kindle which I was using for going through the Vine but now back to my laptop, there was far too much of cleaning and painting etc. on the kindle,
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening Folks, the previous post went too early, I had hovered over post reply and off it went.
                            Well unable to get the leaves lifted as it was far too wet, so I finished up having to do some decorating, I think someone wants it finished this week, I was now thinking Christmas (maybe save my buying a present) but some how I dont see hat happening, my wife and I have an understanding, she does what she wants, I do as I am told.
                            Well I think I have too go to bed, as I have been told, not to be on that all night. So I wish you all a good night, and for the Grapes who do the cleaning and painting, please keep it to your self, as in may be a virus that spreades through the computer. Goodnight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It's quite hard finding Enhlish books here.
                              There is a lady about 90 mins away who has turned over her barn to store English books.
                              You take your unwanted and leave them and help yourself to the same number of what's there.
                              Open 24/7... Just be quiet and leave a small donation towards electricity ( radiator and lighting).
                              Because it's such a limited choice compared to a proper library you tend to pick up books you might not otherwise have selected...which is a good thing because it's often a darned good read!
                              We swap books between expats, and I do belong to a book club where we borrow each other's books.

I used to love going to the library in the UK....I love the calm and general feel of the place!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning everyone
                                Why you up so early Nicos? ......... Crazy lady
                                Will be putting second coat of paint on dinning room today. It sounds like a bit of a breeze has picked up, over night.
                                I don't do library books or book clubs. Because it takes me so long to read a book. I would never finish a book before it had to go back. I'm talking 6 months a book and that's reading most nights . Two reasons. one, it takes me about half a page to find the spot I stopped reading the previous night. Then only manage 3 lines before I fall asleep. Second I'm dyslexic, so I'm incredibly slow at reading.
                                Have a good day. It's just light enough to let my chickens out now. See you all later

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X