Euro Shopping Trip!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, my figures disagree, please tell me if I am right or wrong:

I am buying 60 items @ £4 per item or 5.50 Euros per item (shop prices).
    That's £240 or 330 Euros for 60 items.
    £1 = 1.30 Euros therefore £240 = 312 Euros.
    So by paying in Sterling, I make it that I am saving 18 Euros.

Is that correct?

Thanks for your input so far.
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 29-09-2015, 10:14 AM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

That looks about right to me bud so a saving of about £13.65 less whatever the conversion charge is, Mrs.BB always uses the post office for currency conversion these years as she say it offers a good rate with a low charge.

Martin Lewis on using cards abroad ....... Travel Money Guide - Using Credit Cards Abroad
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Cheers BB, Minimum spend at PO is £400 plus I'm going tonight so wouldn't have time anyway. So, Sterling it is then.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I think that's just if you buy online BM, I got herself £150's worth of Euro's over the counter last week & earlier this year £250 worth of dollars Go have a word at your local one also they do a currency card that you can load in the UK with any amount you like & use like a debit card in the counrty you are visiting, that might be worth a look as well.
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            Card, Euros or Sterling.
            Depends on your card. I've got a post office credit card which has 0% exchange fees so always use it when abroad as there are no charges and you get the MasterCard exchange rate. You might find you get hammered with the card you are using.

You'll probably get a pitiful exchange rate abroad do if you're using cash, I'd change the money before you go.
            Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Have a good time mate and make sure you have a planned exit route to get you back across the water!!

We wouldn't want you stuck in one of those Calais camps now would we?
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Thank you all..........it's off to the cash point later today to draw some cash.............

Comment

Is that squeak I hear a mouse or the the big man being tight?

Just remember fags are cheaper in Belgium

Have a safe and pleasant trip
                  Last edited by Greenleaves; 29-09-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Have a great time!
                    And if you get only a little bit lost pop in here instead!

If you have any spare € I'll spend them for you!!!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Just had a thought...we travel by Brittany Ferries and the cost of things on board are cheaper by the £ ....worth checking
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Just had a thought...we travel by Brittany Ferries and the cost of things on board are cheaper by the £ ....worth checking
                        Will do, cheers Nic.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                          Is that squeak I hear a mouse or the the big man being tight?
                          Just remember fags are cheaper in Belgium
                          Have a safe and pleasant trip
                          Oh you know me too well............
                          I'm going for baccy but what I'm finding strange is that the Cite Shopping Mall where we are stopping in Callais...........you can't buy tobacco.....................anyway it doesn't matter cos I was gonna get it in Belgium anyway.......everything is sorted, now just got to wait to be picked up @ 01:30..................

Comment

Enjoy your trip BM,don't fall asleep on your transport,and find yourself somewhere else,have a safe one there and back
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Cheers LD, the worst that can happen is I come back empty handed...............

Comment

Empty handed ner,you will find something am sure,cannot say i will thing about you,as i will be fast asleep that time in the morning,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X