Picked up my Dog yesterday! *happy dance*

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my Dog yesterday! *happy dance*

It's been a long time coming, having required to get permission from my Housing Association, then of course contact a rescue home and go through the motions with them (Which was pretty quick to be honest!)

Drove out to near Spalding yesterday to meet "Roy" who is an 8 month old Border Collie & Kelpie Cross and after a few hours chatting with his foster mum and spending time with him we both decided it was a good match and he came home with me.

He was an absolute Diamond in the car on the way home, was a little timid when he got to my place which is completely understandable as his foster home had 8 other dogs lol.

Spent the night relaxing on my bed with me watching TV.

Today he's a little more settled, follows me everywhere which is kind of cute. Enjoyed a nice 3 and a half mile walk and he's really well behaved.

He's currently sleeping behind me on his bed, looking rather content.

Me, I'm over the moon, I've missed having a dog and he is nice and mellow, pretty clever and likes to chill, so a good match me thinks!
    Attached Files
    Life should be more like Bonsai...

Well done Si for giving a "rescue" dog a home. Roy looks very alert and intelligent.
    Life's not the same without a dog

Comment

What a happy chap! It is always so nice to hear about rescue dogs being rehomed
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'd only rehome a rescue woofit, too many dogs need a home.

Thanks.

Roy's start in life was not nice, but a few months in a lovely foster home and great care by the rescue home and he is well adjusted and a lovely dog. I hope to continue their great work and give him a home for life where he is happy and kept busy.

I fully intend to work hard with him training and if he shows promise include him in my business as part of the therapy work I will be doing.

Comment

he looks a smart dog, Si, well done you!
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

This is fantastic and it sounds like he will be the perfect match for you. It's a great idea to give a rescue dog a home - most of them have already gone through the puppy stage (which can be tricky - our friends had a puppy that chewed everything including a brand new sofa) and you get more of an idea on their personality and whether it will be a good fit. Anyway, enjoy your new pal
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Fantastic news- and he looks lovely
              It's always lovely to hear uplifting news like that!
              Well done to you for finding him
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Looks a lovely fella
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

The way he is looking at you in the pic makes me think that he is happy that you took his 'good' side and to do it so soon after meeting means you are meant for each other.

Well done both of you and have a happy togetherness.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Fair play to you as we say in Ireland...I hope you have many years of happiness with him..
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm so jealous. As a child I grew up with border collies and they are loveable and clever too. Many's the game of football I played with them. I'm too long in the tooth to be playing football these days but the after play would usually end up with me sitting down and the dog with his head on my knee or if he was really tired his head would be on my feet. Nice memories

Comment

hmmmm....I never met a mellow border collie youngster...mad ones, manic ones, totally flippin ball obsessed and bonkers ones....

But no, never a young mellow one.

Congratulations on your new best friend
                          from me and my border collie x greyhound (he's all of the above)
                          http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Oh that's lovely, he looks beautiful, and is 'keeping an eye' on you. Am sure he'll do well with you.
                            DottyR

Comment

Such a pretty boy.
                              So wonderful to offer up a space in your home for a boy who needs it and now his previous foster home can hopefully save another.
                              I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X