No announcement yet.

My new plot :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on the jump. Gives you something to do over the winter.

No doubt you'll have it sorted for next season.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Congrats...and enjoy!
      sigpic

Comment

Photos of plot

Hi,
        Trying to upload some pics for you all to see plot 60
        Any advice welcome

Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! Time to get the strimmer out by the looks of it!

Comment

Thats going to keep you busy for a little while

Comment

Curiosity satisfied, thanks NVG
              Grab some bin bags and bung those white fluffy seed heads in them before they go everywhere.
              I think I can see some fruit bushes in amongst them ? currants? Lots of things waiting to be found, methinks!!

Comment

Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                Hi,Trying to upload some pics for you all to see plot 60. Any advice welcome
                Advice.................Ermmm...........Are you allowed bonfires?.................Invite you plot neighbours for a.........
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Congrats I think I managed to identify 5 weeds and 2 fruit Personally I don't know what route I would take, blitz the lot or try and salvage. I think VC's binbag idea might be best. Hand pull/chop all the seed heads off and bin to get a better idea of what is lurking.

Good Luck

Comment

Congratulations. It's going to take a couple of days to get it how you want it . It's going to be fun though. Personally I would rip through it like a human tornado . If you spot anything you want to salvage, I would pot it up temporarily ( if it's practical to do so ), so you can have things exactly where you want them. I did spot a few common mullein in photo 3 right hand side. I like them, don't know if I'd have one in my veggie plot, but I would in my wild flower patch.
                    Regular progress reports please, because you know we are all incredibly nosey

Comment

NVG I see you have a lot of willow herb seed heads, once you touch the plant they will escape and cover the whole area, I had a similar problem with these weeds when I reclaimed my garden from the wilderness and I solved it by firstly scorching them on the stem with a blast from one of those little hand held gas fuelled weed burner things.The seed heads just dissolve in a puff of smoke and don't catch fire. Then strim, cut or just pull and bag the whole plant, it worked a treat for me, you being on an allotment I'd check first to see if it's allowed. Best of luck
                      cheers
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am hoping to go down on Monday and start pulling stuff up. There is a weed pile round the back that everyone uses so I will chuck them in a wheelbarrow and put them around there.
                        You have all spotted the fruit bushes. There are currant bushes, raspberry canes, a blackberry thing and several rhubarb plants. Oh and lots of strawberry plants.
                        Apart from the fruit bushes I have discovered two wheel barrows, two spades, some compost bins full of rubbish and some empty beer cans. So I will keep everyone updated on what other rubbish I find.
                        sigpic

Comment

wow, plot looks so interesting with many fruit and lovely looking rhubarb. as it has raised beds allready..it is good to fallow them.

Comment

Congratulations and it looks lovely. Minimal bindweed and no horsetail that I could see. My advice is don't get out the rotavator until next year. Our plot was 6 foot in brambles and nettles with no sign of bindweed. We were very glad we didn't rotavate when the darling bindweed made its abundant appearance after a couple of months of less competition.

Comment

It looks lovely NVG - heaps of potential. And you know there's a cuppa within easy reach when you get bored of clearances.
                              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Congrats on your new plot. from the weed growth on there it looks as if its very fertile
                                What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                                Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X