Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided against the rant thread but have learnt a valuable lesson today....I planted new raspberry canes ( Glen Ample ) over winter and they put on growth and even produced fruit, I should have removed the fruit or netted them. The birds have decimated the new growth as a result of my folly.... Never mind always next year
    Last edited by Greenleaves; 28-07-2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• I'm saying "Never mind there's always next year" about my growing in general GL. This year has so far been a big disappointment on most fronts - particularly strawberries- half my strawberry patch shrivelled up and dried out and I can't understand why. It's almost as if they had weedkiller poured over them and I don't use the stuff. I have a shed load of jam jars going spare now that I had saved up over winter It takes a special type of person to become a gardener
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Thanks guys, just got back. Went well(I think) will find out Friday.
        Last edited by cariann88; 28-07-2015, 07:44 PM.
        Carrie

Comment

• You could go back through your posts and delete the bits you wouldn't want the world (or your employers) to know about, Carrie. Otherwise it will remain in the public domain for ever.

Comment

• Did anyone watching GW at the weekend see the tall spiky lilac coloured shrubs when Monty was planting lavender? I ask because I have the shrub in my flower patch and it's about the only thing I can say is doing really well at the moment and I can't remember what it's called! Senior moment. Speaking of which, in a meeting the other day my supervisor commented whilst looking directly at me, that the younger members of staff would have no problem mastering a new system as it's web based. Pointing at my hair I said "Oi, I may be silver but I still surf"

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              You could go back through your posts and delete the bits you wouldn't want the world (or your employers) to know about, Carrie. Otherwise it will remain in the public domain for ever.
              Thanks will do
              Carrie

Comment

• Right I am coming off here now. Going to read my kindle in bed for a bit. Up early for work in the morning.

Night!
                Carrie

Comment

• Night Carrie!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Did anyone watching GW at the weekend see the tall spiky lilac coloured shrubs when Monty was planting lavender? I ask because I have the shrub in my flower patch and it's about the only thing I can say is doing really well at the moment and I can't remember what it's called! Senior moment. D
                    Which one Flo?
                    BBC Two - Gardeners' World, 2015, Episode 18, How to take lavender cuttings

Or was is another part?
                    Last edited by Nicos; 28-07-2015, 10:58 PM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning

Have a good day
                      Carrie

Comment

• Good Morning Carrie, Morning All. Hot one predicted today and I've only one more sleep - it's my last day tomorrow, yay. Trouble is the preparation for being away from work for two weeks is hectic! Nicos - Monty had bought lavender plants to make a hedge. I am a silly sausage, I should know what they are. It's driving me daft trying to remember and I haven't the time to do a search. If I get the chance later I'll have to post a pic. Have a good day
                        Last edited by Florence Fennel; 29-07-2015, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Liatris has a purple spike, Flo. I used to have loads but they seem to be short lived in my garden.

Morning all! I'm not up to much today, really fancied a lie in but I've the VAT return to do, it's nearly done but it's hanging over me like a black cloud. Can't wait to get out in my GH this morning

Comment

• Morning all, day off from entertaining, work and Grandchildren
                            Peace
                            Just emptied a small container of spuds, all this entertainment has depleted stock indoors. Got 7lb 4ox, was really pleased.
                            Will be picking my first runner beans this year today, will definately post a picture later you can be sure
                            Picked and ate our first head if corn yesterday, it was delicious
                            Tomatoes still very green
                            Have a great day all
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all, relatively nice day today although a wee bit chilly! A bit like you today Scarlet...had to force myself out of bed this morning, just so tired. Anyhoo must get on, see you all later!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Mornin all!
                                We've got nippy here too
                                Domestic chores today for me.
                                Fancy having a go at those lavender cuttings though later on.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X