No announcement yet.

Bring on the heat and the sun!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't ventured in the garden at all today - except for watering duties. Not sure if I could cope even following the shade for 3omins never mind doing a gardening job! Today has been the longest time I've stayed in the office for years.

Comment

Noticed the latest forecast suggest 21 amnd rain tomorrow in my part of the world......please be correct

Comment

Rain in the morning for us, and 23C in the afternoon - the wind has changed direction completely, so hopefully a cooler night tonight, as well, fingers crossed

Comment

An absolutely roasting day here yesterday but today was misty and a little milder . Have been damping down the greenhouse floor for the past week. Too hot for the tomatoes so have put up some shading.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

We hit 37.6 today and it is still 31. Not any sign of rain though and we really do need some.
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

We had a showerette a couple of hours ago, and one rumble of thunder. It was lovely and cool for about ten minutes, before the heat returned.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Emptied the last waterbutt tonight. Only 38 today - much nicer than yesterday!
                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Still 30 outside at this time, just soaked everything, had cool shower, now dressed as only SWMBO should see me, with a nice cold beer.
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

this is great two days and central heating not required, perhaps when I get old like some other grapes I wont want the heat
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

It's dropped to 28c here now. The aircon is switched on in the bedroom.

My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Still very warm here this morning, but it 'feels' different after the mighty thunderstorm we had around 10pm last night. One of the best light shows I have ever seen, with the largest hailstones I hsve ever seen... some as big as golfballs... thought thry were going to crack the gkass on my conservatory roof.

Ground got a good soaking though.

Comment

A bit cooler here at the moment. Was very warm and muggy here last night.
                          sigpic

Comment

Still warm and muggy here. Air is very still - the tops of the trees aren't moving. After the two thunder storms yesterday shouldn't have to water the beds.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

No storms here and last night was horribly humid

Much fresher this morning at 18C, with a breeze

Comment

My overnight GH temp was 18.5c and that was with the door, louvre and auto vents open.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X