Well! How bizarre!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
    ...As for the toilet paper being outside, and people not knowing how much they might need, i think you are meant to grab one and the lead the whole length to your cubicle like the Andrex puppy...

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
      Remember France too. When my daughter was little we were in Roscoff and took the kids to a little fairground. It was quiet and the man running the ride she was on thought he was being kind by letting her ride and ride it again. Upshot was by the time we got him to understand she wanted off she was bursting, ran to the nearest loo to find a hole in the ground...yip a hole! There was a minutes hesitation but given how desperate she was was she just went for it! The look on her face will be with me forever!
      Ah yes. When I first started visiting Cyprus, a lot of the loos were "Turkish". A footprint either side of the hole in the ground over which one was expected to crouch. God forbid anyone was unsteady. There was nothing to hold on to and there were no locks on the door. It was impossible to hold the door shut as well as everything else and they were unisex. You still have to put loo paper in a bin as their sewers can't cope with it.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        You'll find some public french loos bizarre then!

On the way to the cubicals you have to walk past the men using the urinals ...yup- communal loos!
        Just think of all the good compost maker that`s getting lost Nicos.

IIRC they were all little squares, taken off a roll of shiny toilet paper, which she dispensed with great theatricality (much to my embarrassment)
        Ah VC. that reminds me of Izal toilet paper, it was considered the height of luxury, toilet paper instead of newspaper, sadly there was nothing to read with that to pass the time
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 15-03-2015, 09:52 PM. Reason: fixing quote
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Do you remember that some shiny paper had printed on every sheet "Now wash your hands please". Must have been something to do with the slipperiness

Comment

Most bizarre toilet experience I had was about 13 years ago in Japan. Toilets varied from rancid holes in the ground (although you used these squatting the opposite round to the ones on the continent) which were strangely favoured by the older Japanese lady and at the other end of the spectrum were ones with a whole range of spray patterns, an option to warm the seat (surely that can't be hygenic) and most uniquely of all (and apparently only in the womens') a button you could press to make a flushing noise (without actual flushing) to cover up any embarrassing noises you were making at the time! Can't remember the loo roll situation but the rest of it still amazes me.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Do you remember that some shiny paper had printed on every sheet "Now wash your hands please". Must have been something to do with the slipperiness
              No that was before my time
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                It used to made good tracing paper
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                  Just think of all the good compost maker that`s getting lost Nicos.

Ah VC. that reminds me of Izal toilet paper, it was considered the height of luxury, toilet paper instead of newspaper, sadly there was nothing to read with that to pass the time
                  That Izal stuff was toooooo slippy for me................

Comment

When we went to the Isle of Bute on holidays we were told to nip to the loos. No pun intended there. The public toilets there were Victorian and the original ones were men only as it was felt that ladies shouldn't need the toilet when they were out and about. But the best thing was the water cisterns were of glass and they use to have fish in them. There was a filter in the cistern so the fish wouldn't be harmed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DannyRam View Post
                      That Izal stuff was toooooo slippy for me................
                      yeh -it was wasn't it?...I can remember the smell of it too ( pre-used of course!)
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

What about Bronco!! What a strange name for toilet paper.
                        This The Ephemera Society - The discipline of cloacopapyrology! brought back memories of "Government Property" printed on every sheet of civil service toilet paper. Always made me smile

Comment

I went to a mans bungalow to repair his car one day and i took my son William (He was about 5) after about an hour he asked to use the toilet but the man said "Oh just go round the corner"
                          Later the man called me over and pointed to a massive bowell movement right in the middle of the path!
                          I didn't like the man anyway.
                          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Ah Bill that reminds me of how to tell the front from the back of a tree.................watch what side a woman goes to when told just go behind a tree. Of-course just observe what side then turn away

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X