Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely fuming !!!

Hi,
    Sorry but i just have to have a rant for a moment to get this out of my system.
    My son has just been given a detention at school for apparently inpersonating a foreigner.
    Apparently now if you take off the voice of an irish, american or any non english person you are being Racist. What the hell is going on !!

Wonder if it works both ways. If a Foreigner talks in an english accent can we claim the same thing.
    Wonder if perople like Rory Bremner are aware of this !!

Sorry again but i am so mad
    Debbie
    http://debsveg.blogspot.com/

Absolutely bonkers!

I'd be up there like a shot. My wife is a teacher and even she can't believe some of the latest things.

You couldn't make it up!

We really are beset by politically correct double standard neanderthals these days!
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro.
    I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Comment

No way, that's ridiculous. Why aren't we teaching children real standards, respect, morals - political correctness gone mad doesnt even get close. No wonder you're fuming Deb, I'm with you!
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

The politically correct brigade are ruining lives right, left and center. Why can't people go get on with their lives instead of making up nonsense about who is going to be offended without asking the relevant people if they will be offended? When we lived in the States, there were 2 'dark skinned' people for each of us - they refer to themselves as black or negro and wondered why we avoided using those terms to describe them. I am white and Scottish, if someone yells hey whitey jock at me I am more likely to laugh than be insulted!! Maybe time for us to start shouting that we are offended by being constantly told what to do/say/think.

Okay, rant over.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

My friends grandson was in his first week at school and he wanted to tell his teacher about a little girl in his class being new couldnt remember her name so he said the black girl (the only black girl in the class) and he was excluded what the difference between saying the black girl or saying the girl with blond hair

Comment

We have two fabulous old west indian gents on our site.

One of them always addresses me as "White man". In no way does he mean offence and I certainly dont take any. I always call him "Mr" in respect of his age. Our different colours dont even warrant notice and we swap seeds and ideas.

But if we worked for local government!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it's just utter madness, have they nothing better to do!
              Last edited by Headfry; 20-06-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

What annoys me about all this is that it takes the attention away from REAL racial abuse by focusing on trivial things which are not intended to be insulting.
                Last edited by Flummery; 20-06-2007, 04:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Not on a racial origin theme - but got an even more ludicous 'detention' for you - and the get out clause! Well....

My friends son has managed to earn himself a place at the local grammer school (well done him) and the rules are somewhat sharp. Generally this is a good thing and my friend has no problem with it but...

The lad brought home a standard begging letter from the school, which his parents read and decided not to contribute to, for various reasons, not least, that the school had 'required' as part of his admission that the parents took out a direct debt for a minimum £10/month (recommended £30) 'voluntary contribution'.

When the lad could not hand in a cheque the following morning he was given a full detention - which to explain, means being kept back after school for an hour, missing the coach home (£350 per term) and causing his parents to have to drive to the school (5 miles and no direct bus link). West Wickham to Orpington if that means much to anyone.

My friend was livid as you might well imagine! She mentioned the problem in passing to a member of her family who immediately insisted in writing a cheque for the said school fund.

On the day of the detention, the lad reported as required and was asked if he had a cheque to give in. On replying in the affirmative and handing over the cheque he was told to go home. No detention was to be served.

My friend is now even more livid!
                  Last edited by TPeers; 20-06-2007, 05:30 PM.
                  The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
                    Not on a racial origin theme - but got an even more ludicous 'detention' for you - and the get out clause! Well....

My friends son has managed to earn himself a place at the local grammer school (well done him) and the rules are somewhat sharp. Generally this is a good thing and my friend has no problem with it but...

The lad brought home a standard begging letter from the school, which his parents read and decided not to contribute to, for various reasons, not least, that the school had 'required' as part of his admission that the parents took out a direct debt for a minimum £10/month (recommended £30) 'voluntary contribution'.

When the lad could not hand in a cheque the following morning he was given a full detention - which to explain, means being kept back after school for an hour, missing the coach home (£350 per term) and causing his parents to have to drive to the school (5 miles and no direct bus link). West Wickham to Orpington if that means much to anyone.

My friend was livid as you might well imagine! She mentioned the problem in passing to a member of her family who immediately insisted in writing a cheque for the said school fund.

On the day of the detention, the lad reported as required and was asked if he had a cheque to give in. On replying in the affirmative and handing over the cheque he was told to go home. No detention was to be served.

My friend is now even more livid!
                    That is absolutely disgusting. Verging on blackmail, and abuse of children. Please contact the relevant authorities - not just the school staff, contact the board of governors (they all have them) and the Local Education Authority. I am sure they cannot legally do this!!!!!!!

Comment

Surely the right place to get it off your chest would be face to face with the school.
                      Last edited by pigletwillie; 20-06-2007, 10:12 PM.
                      The law will hang the man or woman
                      Who steals the goose from off the common
                      But lets the greater thief go loose
                      Who steals the common from the goose
                      http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
                        Surely the right place to get it off your chest would be face to face with the school.

Letting off stem here just gets every right wing reactionary reacting.

Beg pardon, Jonty, but I do not recall "right-wing reactionaries" being in favour of Free Education or am I wrong about Bevans party membership?
                        Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                        Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                        I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by debsducks View Post
                          Hi,
                          Sorry but i just have to have a rant for a moment to get this out of my system.
                          My son has just been given a detention at school for apparently inpersonating a foreigner.
                          Apparently now if you take off the voice of an irish, american or any non english person you are being Racist. What the hell is going on !!

Wonder if it works both ways. If a Foreigner talks in an english accent can we claim the same thing.
                          Wonder if perople like Rory Bremner are aware of this !!

Sorry again but i am so mad
                          Debbie
                          Can you be absolutely positive that you are hearing all the facts off the matter, not defending anyone but until you hear the schools side then you may well end up looking foolish. If it is the case though (and I wouldnt be surprised) I bet it was instigated by a goodie goodie white honky (can I say that) .

Its ginger haired people that I feel sorry for, they receive constant abuse but is anything done about it, but have you noticed that almost all the heroes in fantasy books are quite often red haired or ginger haired, we must be special.

Penned by a ginger haired white honky.

Comment

No hope for us really is there? In the Middle East where I spent 10 'happy' years all non muslims are called Infidels!
                            In the deep south of the USA us honkys are called 'crackers' - because we used to crack the whips in the slave plantations. And we called the blacks 'boy'. Someone ought to remind those lily livered untravelled do-gooders there is a real world out there. Humour exists at all levels and if a joke offends - tough. Live with it.
                            Oh well, we will appease everyone and forget our own 4000 years of eroded culture.

Rant over.
                            Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
                            Cut your engines, cool your wings,
                            You've taken me home...

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
                              If that was to me Johnty, the school in question is in another county, my kids don't and in fact can't go there (Boys school - I have girls) and my friend sent in a stinger of a letter to the headmaster - all in parlimentary English (she spells better than I do, which would not be hard!) to which she has yet to get a reply - the letter was sent over two months ago.

As to can they do that - well they have! It is as Rustylady says, blackmail of the first order, utterly disgusting and a terrible thing to teach the children - that extortion works.

Please bear in mind though that although my friend is up in arms over this, she finds herself alone - none of the other parents are making waves - they just bleet happily and continue being sheep!

And THAT is what has me hacked off!
                              The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X