Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So she's already tearing up her bedding? See, she knows her stuff Good sign. Get a good book, ideally a big volume that you've always wanted to read again, and sit down close to her and read it. Just be there and try to relax. Easier said than done, though - I know

Cardboard is not ideal for two reasons, it will get soaked pretty soon, not very hygienic and you'll have to replace it again and again. And it won't help her much during whelping if she wants to press her back against something firm. Trying to think of something... really that idea to use the bottom part of a plastic crate still seems the best to me. You can scrub it out afterwards and she can use it for a couple of weeks or so. Can't anyone borrow you one? You're a bit far away from me...
    ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

You don't half get yourself into some situations VC!

Cool though, I'm overdue a visit, so this is a good excuse :-)

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        Cool though, I'm overdue a visit, so this is a good excuse :-)
        Didn't know you were a doggy midwife, Chris - good call.

Comment

Suppose that'd have to be midhusband

Comment

Even putting paper underneath a couple of old towel/curtains in a corner of the room where she is not in the way may be better - if we were closer we have a very large plastic storage box that could lay on its side for her.
            I don't think it is going to be long now VC - start pacing soon.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Oh is getting exciting...keep us up to date please Scarlet!
              sigpic

Comment

Oooh jealous....lovely snuffly puppies!

A plastic box on it's side is probably the best plan, hygenic, draughtfree and when you need to take a gang of wriggly pups to the vet; you just turn it right way up. They'll be happier going in their own bed.

congratulations, I think you and Bessie will be just fine, try to relax and enjoy the miraculousness of it all. xxx
                http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Bessie's boxes are left and right of the dresser. The rubbish in the front is to stop her crawling underneath (again). She prefers the box on the left! She's managed to get in the picture too!
                  My brother is coming over with some crates, tortoise fencing (don't ask) and i don't know what else.
                  Meanwhile, Bessie's been helping me in the garden -aka running up and down like a mad thing
                  Attached Files

Comment

Off topic but...

That dresser is blimmin' gorgeous!
                    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Running around like a mad thing is a good sign as she is excercising all of her tummy muscles ready for the event - I suppose its the same when women walk up and down for hours (normally cursing the father with all kinds of horrible deaths) when they are in the early stages of labour.
                      Either way VC please remember that Bessie's surprise has bought joy and anticipation to the Grapevine and all of the Grapes will be with you in a spiritual hand holding way!
                      I can imagine many people on here logging on alot more often than normal just waiting like a group of expectant pseudo parents.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

What Lumpy said. She keeps moving so the puppies can turn and get into position.
                        Remember to have her on a long line at least - or she might be off to dig under a shrub or shed and not come out again until she's had her pups there. I'd prefer an ordinary short leash. Just saying.

PS.
                        and that dresser IS gorgeous. And the left hand corner looks perfect to me. If you have something comfy to kneel or sit on so you can sit close by that'd be perfect. And make sure you've got fresh batteries in that camera of yours
                        Last edited by nellie-m; 20-11-2014, 12:34 PM.
                        ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

I found a plastic crate so Bessie is trying it for size

Attached Files

Comment

Now she looks ready! Whoop Whoop

Comment

oh bless her, we are all soooooooooo excited, not long now

Comment

good luck VC!
                                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X