No announcement yet.

Monty Dons Big Dreams Small Spaces

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Monty too! Like Noosner, when I heard about his battles with depression, I liked him even more.
    As for the five thousand pounds...forget about the garden. I need to fix the big hole in our roof first! Tarpaulin isn't going to cut it much longer I fear.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      OK, Go on...............how would you spend £5000 on your garden?
      Please note, this is not a real competition and I'm not going to give you £5000...............Other fairy godmothers are available
      COMPOST and top soil. I buy a bag, put it in..... Buy a bag, put it in.... One day I will have enough. I even spent my Mother's Day vouchers in b and q on compost! Kids no longer think I'm mad, they just accept I'm not quite normal! Then I'd go mad in a plant section until it was all gone. Oh and id put green roofs on my sheds, so the fairies have somewhere to hang there washing and get some new fences.... Thinks that about £5k spent phew, that didn't take very long!!!!
      You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

I think Monty looks very ill. Also are they his clothes that he wears or did they belong to someone a lot larger than he - his grandad for example? I always notice the enormous clothes he wears all the time, surely he wouldn't have bought such enormous clothes?
        You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post

Who else would do GW with out Monty? I don't think I would watch it at all if it was Joe Swift or Chris (is it Beardshaw I always want to say Packham for some reason) mind you I probably would watch it if it was Packham
          Chris Beardshaw has gone to Beechgrove, where he seems to be settling in quite well. I think Jim thinks of him as the new boy with funny ideas but there is good banter between them. e.g. the melon growing "competition"

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
            Watched the second episode. The sight of all those turf sods being skipped nigh on broke my heart, especially when she said she had to buy a load of top soil, as the turf would have made great loam.

The gypsy road garden came out lovely. I do think, however, it was missing a couple of remote control boats and possibly a submarine.
            I agree with all of this. Gary is my kind of gardener. Less isn't more, more is more! Lovely big pond, lots of flowers.
            Except for the raised beds. I'm not a fan of raised beds in a garden context, just plant in the ground.

Gary's garden is still a work in progress but I much preferred it to the cottage garden. Although the end result looked good, I hate the abuse of the topsoil and the way they leave the garden centre labels on after planting out.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I've caught up now. I really enjoyed programme 3. The two lads in North Wales especially were brilliant.

But oh dear, today's programme 4... I had to watch most of this through my fingers with my hands over my face. We had the chaos couple from Doncaster and the completely bonkers couple from Walthamstow, both ignoring good advice to do random things that make no sense.

Oh well, if it makes them happy
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I haven't watched the last two episodes yet as I have had little time and a choice of this and the Penguins from Madagascar. Sorry but animated commando penguins win every time

Will watch the Walthamstow episode with interest as until last November I used to live there and I knew a lot of bonkers people there, so I may know them (or at least recognise them as someone I tended to avoid)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Ha ha! Got to agree with Martin, it was a case of watching through the fingers.

Though I did admire the woman who insisted on keeping the weeds in situ.

Monty could hardly hide his disgust!
                  My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X