Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    My new Mantra :-

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful".
    William Morris 1834 - 1896
    That would see me banned from the house

things that appear but are rarely cleared away -

I always no where things that I have been using are----left at my backside.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-09-2014, 08:50 PM. Reason: Fixing quote ;)
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

An Old thread .............

Today, as I chopped back the spiky Worcesterberries, and spreading brambles, clumps of Montbretia and sprawling Vinca, I remembered starting this thread, so many years ago.

Since then, I've heard about Marie Kondo and her "Spark Joy" ideas for decluttering your home (not that I've done much in that direction either).

If I understand her principles and apply them to the garden, I would only grow plants that make me happy (Spark Joy). The thorny plants definitely do not - in fact they cause me great pain. I have embedded thorns in my fingers from this morning's clearance.

With clothes, she says that you empty your wardrobe, lay all the clothes out on the bed, pick up each one and decide whether it "Sparks Joy". You also have to talk to it and thank it - though I'm not sure why?

I may be nuts but I'm not going to dig up all the plants, then decide which ones Spark Joy and replant them - though I do Thank some for making me happy - those luscious raspberries, the scented lilies, the autumn colours of the trees............

Most of my garden Sparks Joy in some way - even the Worcesterberries when I manage to pick a few!

Comment

Most of my garden plants spark joy. I practice a 'survival of the fittest' technique .
        Those which survive with minimal help bring a huuuge smile to my face.
        Many have memories attatched as to who gave them to me or when and where acquired, so an extra 'Spark of Joy' when I see those!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My gooseberries didn't spark joy this year. As they grew among the lavender, they occasionally gave me a surprise scratch. Then when the fruit was ripe, I saw next door's kids scoffing most of them - there were just enough left to make a jar and a half of jam.

So I grubbed them out.

That "sparked joy"!
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X