No announcement yet.

Danger - vicious insects!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got bit by an ant yesterday. A black ant at that. there are tons of nests all over my allotment, and I dug his up putting my beans in. I felt a nip, had a look, and this tiny wee ant was up on his back legs, with his pincers dug right in my arm. I'm ashamed to say i watered his nest in retaliation
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I drink too much gin and tonic for the mozzies to come anywhere near me, all that quinine! Thanks for the pic of the spider clareg, I'm not normally bothered by them but shall watch out for that one just in case.
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

oh I get the goosegrass thing too!
        I think the only thing is to get a complete neck to toe protective suit and possibly a beekeepers hat!!
        shall watch out for black beetles and black widow spiders from now on.

Comment

Hi, yes, I'm really suffering at the moment. Horrible itching, extensive redness and swelling of the ankles. I've also gone off my food. I bought Anthisan and some antihistamines this morning which I hope will kick in soon, but so far not much sign of that. No chance of seeing a doctor until Monday now and it's only late Friday night! This is some kind of bug!

Comment

I got bit by a horse fly last week

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
            Carrie

Comment

I do think this is the worst year I've had for being bitten. I am covered in raised red itchy lumps and bumps. After Googling, I think it's horse flies we being plagued with.

Some of the bite sites are around 5cms across and have been there for weeks and are only going down now. I've never experienced bites or reactions to bites, like that before.

OH never seems to get bitten.

I got one of those electric charge clicker things that you're supposed to zap the bite with. Mixed results, if you do it the minute you are bitten, it does seem to work but it's not so good if there's a gap between being bitten and zapping yourself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X