No announcement yet.

FUN:- You know when your getting old.........when

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the past I've put the washer on and forgot to put the clothes in !
    Full cycle with dryer too

My favourite one is reading through the previous weeks tv schedule
    Reaching for the tv remote , swearing at the TV wondering why the heck that programme is not on !

I do wonder what mrs compo makes of me at times !

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Got a letter in the week from my bank trying to flog me life insurance, that is ok in its self but when the leaflet says " Hurry you don't have long left" now that really brings it home.

Fortunately though the not long left message was about the first years cover being half price and not my life expectancy!

Phew

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        Got a letter in the week from my bank trying to flog me life insurance, that is ok in its self but when the leaflet says " Hurry you don't have long left" now that really brings it home.

Fortunately though the not long left message was about the first years cover being half price and not my life expectancy!

Phew
        What a relief lol

My teenage son called my middle aged the other day. I went bananas, I'm 43 and nowhere near middle age!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
        Bex

Comment

You know you are getting old when my friends at the golf club had a sweep to see who would be the first member to use the new defibrillator - I became the immediate favourite!!! It was all done in fun (I think)

Comment

You know you are getting old when you have to think long and hard before buying a boxed set of DVD's.
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

You know you're getting old when you bend down to do up your laces and try to work out if there's anything else you can do while you're down there.
              On the same note I think you continue to get taller as you age..... The floor seems so much further away than it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
              don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
              remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

You know you are getting old when you have had the grand children for a day.....absolutely shattered!

Comment

You know you're getting old when you get an invite from Saga.......................and a bladdy over 50's Plan.............I don't need a Parker Pen.
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 17-05-2014, 10:21 PM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

You know your getting old when Big Mally starts a potato experiment and you wonder if you will see the results.
                    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

You know you're getting old when a simple bit of shed-moving leaves you aching all over the next day.

My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

......when you put your Tshirt on inside out and don't realise until hours later when somebody tells you
                        Yep, that was me, today
                        At least when I put it on the right way, you could no longer see the toothpaste splashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                          My wife made a pot of tea a few weeks ago and then lost it! We searched high and low for it. In the end we found it in the fridge lol.
                          I've lost count of the times I've let my tea go cold (usually the 3rd or 4th cup mind), put it in the MW to zap it hot, wandered off, then wondered where the heck my favourite mug was
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

when...... you stand there wondering where all those self set potatoes have come from when you have never had potatoes in that bed and your compost was all really well rotted and....then ........ you realise they are this year's second earlies you planted there three weeks before.
                            "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              ......when you put your Tshirt on inside out and don't realise until hours later when somebody tells you
                              Yep, that was me, today
                              At least when I put it on the right way, you could no longer see the toothpaste splashes.
                              Has no one told you it is bad luck to turn it back from inside out? My mother would have gone ballistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                                Has no one told you it is bad luck to turn it back from inside out? My mother would have gone ballistic.
                                Nope, never heard that Bill, or if I did I can't remember it - like so many other things I've been told

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X