No announcement yet.

FUN:- You know when your getting old.........when

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You clean your kitchen work top with 'window cleaner'!
    DottyR

Comment

• You keep singing 'Humpty Dumpty, and Little Boo Peep, The Wheels on the Bus.' etc cos you've been listening to 100 best children's songs, up and down the A1. !
      DottyR

Comment

• Thats what makes the world go round Dotty.....round and round, round and round, all day long

Comment

• If you used......a seperate spin dryer that danced over the kitchen floor or boiled your whites on the stove for a select few of us, getting buttons stuck in the mangel

Comment

• You wore Liberty Bodices with rubber buttons that melted in a boil wash

Comment

• Ok, think, I am old, I can remember all these things, now where did I leave my teeth?

(Joking)
              DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                If you used......a seperate spin dryer that danced over the kitchen floor or boiled your whites on the stove for a select few of us, getting buttons stuck in the mangel

Oh I remember mangels!! we had a huge one on a stand and I had to turn the handle until my little fingers bled. , but we were happy tho but.
                Then came the high tech electric mangel that pulled up out of the washing machine, I was one worried 5 year old thinking I would be redundant and have to go back to sweeping chimneys.
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Didn't your granny tell you about them Dotty? They had a little wren on the back. And there were thruppeny bits with lots of sides and a thrift plant on the back and silver sixpences and half crowns and ......................lots more lovely coins to jingle in your pocket.
                  When the government finally come to their senses and give up this ridiculous idea of having a hundred pennies in a pound, I, for one, shall be ready

I've got a half-crown and a crown somewhere, but can't lay hands on them right now.

(Can anyone remember who's on the back of the £20 note?)
                  Attached Files
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Our combined age must be about 3000
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Not noted for accepting change too readily I actually like decimal currency, Adding £4, 3 shillings and 4 pence halfpenny to something was a pain.

But whatever you do don't convert the decimal money back to the old, it's a terrible shock, my Kit Kat costs 57p and in old money that's just over 11 shillings!!! it spoilt my coffee break.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                        Oh I remember mangels!! we had a huge one on a stand and I had to turn the handle until my little fingers bled. , but we were happy tho but.
                        Then came the high tech electric mangel that pulled up out of the washing machine, I was one worried 5 year old thinking I would be redundant and have to go back to sweeping chimneys.
                        I thought these were mangels

I suppose if you had a huge one you would put it on a stand - for the neighbours to admire - in the days before TV. There's posh!!!

"I say Florrie, shall we pop round to Mrs HH's and admire Mr HH's mangel. Little Bill is a little treasure - he turns the big mangel hangel and makes it revolve........

Comment

Could have been worse Bill....you might have been a pit pony

Comment

Not noted for accepting change too readily I actually like decimal currency, Adding £4, 3 shillings and 4 pence halfpenny to something was a pain.

But whatever you do don't convert the decimal money back to the old, it's a terrible shock, my Kit Kat costs 57p and in old money that's just over 11 shillings!!! it spoilt my coffee break.
                            OMG! Eleven shillings for a chocolate bar! Once upon a time you could have got sixty six 2d bars of Cadbury's choc from the railway platform dispensing machine for that!

And if you had a halfpenny left over, you could buy 2 blackjacks with it
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Just a few prices of things in 1960

•The average house price was £2,530
                              •Loaf of bread 6d
                              •A season ticket to see Manchester United cost £8 10s 0d

Comment

• My dad inherited a farm workers cottage and sold it in 1960 ish for £900. In 1996 it sold for £250,000 Mind you they had tarted it up a bit.

I will never know why he sold it because in 1972 I got married and had no home!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X