Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giveaways!

Hey

Just a quick question. Has anyone on the forum ever won any of the giveaways offered every month?

I enter my name in for them all the time and have done so for other magazines in the past, but never get anything. I don't know anyone who has either.

I'm not being pessimistic here, I'm just curious.

E

Me too Eskymo
    Maybe these giveaways never come north of the border - not that I'm being pessimistic, or suspicious in any way.....................
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

maybe they don't exist at all!

Comment

They do, they do ..........
        I won the November seeds giveaway. They came last month and quite honestly I don't remember ticking that box. Anyway ... I won and I aint complaining
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I haven't won any of the GYO giveaways but have won a few from other magazines- gardening books & tickets to flower shows. The ones I've won though have been from sending in postal entries, don't seem to have any luck with online ones.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

So if you do win something it takes several months before you receieve the item, by which time you've forgotten all about it. I used to do postal entries with other magazines but got fed up with all the stamps I needed to buy, so I much appreciate the ease and no expense of the GYO online entry form.

Comment

I have been MOM here and got some lovely goodies but never won a competition...the last time I won a competition, I won a g******g (you can't even use that word anymore but that's what it was from a jam company) and I was six.
              Last edited by Lesley Jay; 05-04-2006, 03:13 PM.
              Best wishes
              Andrewo
              Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

The problem with online comps is there are web sites which list them all, which means people can enter them without ever having picked up a copy of the magazine. Postal comps are also listed, but less people enter those. If I were a magazine i would just do ones where you have to cut a strip from your magazine.

Comment

The magazine could have a code printed in each month’s issue that entrants to online competitions have to insert to prove they buy the magazine. Just a thought?
                  Jax

Comment

That's a really good idea - shouldn't be that hard to introduce either - I didn't know there are websites out there that list all the competitions available - that's unfair!

Andrewo - I'd like to know what a g******g is! Any clues?

Comment

Eskymo
                      You're obviously justa youngster - A g******g is a "G******g" - a sort of cartoon negro - a bit like the black and white minstrel show characters but you won't remember them either. Anyway, used to be used to advertise Robinsons or Robertsons (not sure but think it was the former) jam and marmalade.
                      Last edited by Lesley Jay; 05-04-2006, 08:22 PM.
                      Rat

British by birth

Comment

I'm no youngster...I used to read the noddy books! I can also remember the B&W minstrel show, but only vaguely as I think I was very little at the time. I'm just not and have never been a jam or marmalade eater - having a Polish upbringing everything I ate from a jar was pickled and came from the Polish delicatessen. So that's probably why I couldn't fill in the blanks.
                        Last edited by eskymo; 05-04-2006, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I still read the Noddy books !!!!!
                          Rat

British by birth

Comment

Bet you were in the Tufty club as well
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

Hey someone censored my word, I wrote it all out and someone went and censored it, my god we have PC gardeners - run for the hills...
                              Best wishes
                              Andrewo
                              Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X