• Show
Clear All

Need more info TS :
    Is your "fuse box" fitted with :
    Re-wirable fuses
    HRC cartridge fuses
    Miniature circuit breakers
    A main Residual Current Device or is it fitted as a separate entity

Of the above what actually is blowing/tripping ? if it's fuse/mcb then the fault is between live & earth/neutral,if it's the main rcd then the fault is between neutral & earth

As Bill says above identifying which part of the cycle it in when the fault occurs will also help with identifying the cause.
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
      identifying which part of the cycle it in when the fault occurs will also help with identifying the cause.
      I've been unable to do that so far: because it only happens once every 10 times or less, and I can't sit and watch the DW for an hour every time.

As to the rest of your post BB: I have no idea what any of that means ~ I can wire a plug, but that's the sum total of my lecky knowledge. Thanks for trying though
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Photo the "fuse box" TS

Different protective devices (posh eh) fail for different reasons & fail at different rates,faults between nuetral & earth being the hardest to find.

Is it wired into a fused switched spur or is it plug & socket ?

Is it cold fill only ?
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Had the same thing a few weeks ago with my washing machine it kept tripping the fuse, eventually it stop tripping the fuse
          The washer then took longer on the cycle and didn't get warm.
          It turned out to be the heating element.
          £ 20.00 for a new one from auction site
          Very easy to replace.
          I would plug it into a heavy duty extension lead
          Unwind it fully and plug in to an upstairs socket .if it blows a diffrent fuse its the
          Dishwasher. If it works ok mains wiring or socket or fuse.

Comment

I was expecting to see that Mr TS had blown a fuse then - not wanting to wash up anymore!!

Only thing I can think of, is if it's a spur - and the cable is being overloaded. Is it a double socket it's in, or single?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app
            Last edited by chris; 04-03-2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
              it could be a leak inside is wetting a terminal
              OK, it's taken me a while to find the fault, because I took ALL the advice given in this thread (and I'm v.grateful to you all).

I now suspect the wires are wet, and am waiting for my plumber to call me back (I wanted to avoid him, at £400 a go, but at least I know where/what the problem is now)

Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-04-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                (I wanted to avoid him, at £400 a go, but at least I know where/what the problem is now)
                Blimey - I'm in the wrong job here. If he costs that much, why don't you just buy a new dishwasher??

Comment

If I cant fix my dishwasher there is a local repair man who does most things for £25. As hazel says at £400 I would consider a new one. But try a local domestic appliance repairer.
                  photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Two sheds, try replacing the olive before calling the plumber. Easy job. If that fixes it, you'll reduce the £400 bill to £0.40

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Blimey - If he costs that much, why don't you just buy a new dishwasher??
                      I'm not fussed about having a DW, but the leak needs fixing.
                      To be fair, our plumber does work hard for his money, and the £400 was for him putting in a bath, a shower, a sink and a loo.

He came round but couldn't find any leak, until I showed him the video. So he tinkered about with his spanners, & there's no leak today. He wouldn't take any payment either

Originally posted by AllInContainers View Post
                      try replacing the olive
                      I had to look that up ~ why don't they call them washers? Or wedding-ring-thingies?

Plumbing Olives | eBay
                      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 12-04-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X