Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I made a nice Italian chicken with pasta for tea. Going to chill out now before I have to start getting ready for work. Have a good evening all
    Carrie

Comment

• That's what I'm having Carrie!

Well chutney made, hopefully the vacuum seal jars will work, if not we will have to eat the lot within a very short time...mmmm
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        Good Evening from the sunny Vale of Glamorgan, working in Bridgend this week and the company have put me up in a very nice hotel, The Vale Resort. Will miss the comforts of home but I am sure I will make do

Had to laugh when the receptionist said " youhave full use of the amenities sir, just walk down the corridor and through the bar" why on earth would I walk through the bar!
        If you're bored one evening, you're not a million miles from where I live

Comment

• Evening, we're having sausage and pasta bake for tea but just now the Damson jam smells ever so nice so I'll have to have some of toast for supper
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evenin' all. Mr Noosner is making a stir fry and I have just been slicing up runners and blauhilde beans all tiny and thin. Also adding in the first of our purple mangetout.

In the oven an applecake made with the first and only two HUGE Howgate Wonder apples from the tree I put in last year.
            My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Its roast tatties, parsnip and squash and some runner & French beans here - maybe some Yorkshire puds.
              Spent the morning reboiling and jarring yesterday's raspberry jam - with 2 jam thermometers side by side. Even they couldn't agree on the temperature
              This afternoon has been wasted by car insurance quotes. Sorted now, I hope. Hate insurance - such a hassle every year.............press 1 for...., 2 for........16 for...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                Can I ask one more question...I'm using these kilner jars will the pop up seal lids...how would you go about drying them after sterilisation?
                Sorry Jay, just seen this, I just use ordinary jars, and after washing and rinsing,I just pop them in the oven for 30/40 mins, lids as well, then when all is ready remove from oven and stand or tea towel, whilst I fill them, messy job.

Not sure about Kilner jars cos they have a rubber seal don't they?

Anyway I expect you're sorted by now.
                DottyR

Comment

• All this cooking! Tis breakfast time here, and the jam was shopbought ops:

Yesterday we made some interesting Features in the garden.
                  Had some old stuff ready to go to the tip, but hasn't got there....decided to make features out of them.

An old milkcan with no bottom, planted with a climbing dark red rosebush, underneath a very long, very old wooden ladder propped on the shed.

Then an old pot belly stove, rusty, with two legs missing, propped on the wood remains of a wheelbarrow that my friends father made for them when she was first married, with 3/4 of a garden arch tied to it and an old wooden chair. Jasmine in the pot belly stove, abletia (?) in the ground near the chair/arch, and room in the front for one of those drippy hanging plants when I find a small one.

Then erected a wobbly wooden arch (remains of a science project from when the boys were at school - called ..) with 3 banksia roses planted to come up through it and spill over.

Planted a mountain pepper and did a lot of watering and mulching. Both the kids helping so was fun.

Will try and catch a couple of photos today. Two of the Features will only look good when the plants have grown up a bit. Looking forward to that.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Good Morning My word it's getting towards coat weather Started taking the toms down last evening, but only managed one and a half because a neighbour stopped for a chat and I couldn't get on. I'll try again tonight. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Yes, pretty nippy here this morning Flo with foggy patches too, though yesterday was the same and the afternoon was glorious.
                      Another day in the hospital for me - spent all yesterday afternoon there too. Son is desperate to get back to rugby but I think he will be disappointed this season they are quite worried about his dislocated shoulder, had 2 X-rays, may need an MRI. He was so miserable yesterday

Comment

• Nippy here, my slippers are on.
                        My hubby took down the tomatoes and all survivors are cosy in the shoebox to ripen. Got a few runners that might be edible in the next few days, after that there will be nothing edible in our garden. Sad
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning dull here, looks like it's going to rain. It's been really cold all night. I have just got in after nipping to the butty shop after work for a nice egg and sausage barm now I am going to get into bed and watch telly for a bit. Have a good day all

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                          Carrie

Comment

• G'Moooooooornin' Peeps! Chilly and moist underfoot here in the mornings now. We still have our brekkie and morning cuppas outside under the sunshade. Wonder how much longer we'll do that. It pleases the dogs, anyway, as they can have their post-brekkie rough-and-tumble with an audience. Currently 10 degrees here, so I'm still in a tee but Himself has a fleece on over his.

Coffee? Cereal?
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Morning all, chilly here and we had our first real rain for ages last night! Hope you all have a lovely day.

Hi Dorothy, all sorted I just put the lids in just off the boil water, dried the lids and the jars off in the oven for about 20/30mins and the vacuum seal part I just had to take out of the water and dry on kitchen paper! Chutney looks good...remains to be seen what it tastes like though, domestic goddess I am not!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, a brilliant sunny morning here but by eck it's nippy, been down to feed the kids, back in now havin a coffee before tackling more decking.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X