Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet rang to say that Maisie's tests were inconclusive - well at least it wasn't definite bad news. More tests in a couple of weeks. Ho hum.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• keeping my fingers crossed
      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
        Big thunder and lightning storm here in Barcelona tonight. Can't get away from bad weather. Ps you want to see how far advanced their sweetcorn is here ....... Saw lots as were on a train journey
        You should see if you can hold of a few of the corn and pop them on your plot and watch the other plait holders faces!
        DottyR

Comment

• What-o peeps! I am loving these light nights - got to the plot at 7.45pm straight from a meeting in Wolverhampton, and have just got in. Had a massive scrap with an errant bramble in the 'messy patch' which appears to have gone from seedling to a hydra-headed prickly monster in about 5 minutes.

I have won the battle but not the war, I suspect. I was finishing up when I came across this big FROG.

I gave him a bit of a talking to about the slug issue - by rights I should have no slugs and he should be the size of a barrage balloon.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 17-06-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Hazel.I hope you gage that puny little frog what four

what five

AND

what six
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• In all fairness, BB, me 'n' the frog meet up a couple of times each year, and he is defo getting bigger - presumably on the ready availability of slugs.

On the downside, when I disturbed him, he seemed to be be keeping some dubious mollusc-like company - not going as far as sharing a beer and a smoke, but not exactly clapping his hands (paws?) with glee at an impending big scoff either.

Comment

• Another dull start here by the looks of it, and eveything in the garden seems to be on a bit of a "go slow". Hyacinth beans particularly are faltering under all this cloud. Considering shuffling "Chaos Corner" around a bit this weekend, and tucking the ridiculously lofty cardoon into a corner to let a bit more light to the plants behind. Not planning on doing much else to anything this week other than picking a couple of strawbs and raspberries if the birds don't beat me to it

Comment

• Morning All. Dull before six then and still dull now. Hope it brightens later. There's still no sign of my beans, the wigwam looks awfully empty for the time of year. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin all!

Flo...how long have the beans been in the ground?
                    Could something have eaten them?

If not, might be worth putting a bit of fleece over them just to hold in some of the day's heat ( yeh....I know!) to speed them up a bit?
                    Might be that the cool nights are holding them back?
                    Just a thought?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Or slugs....

Comment

• Morning everyone, dull and grey here... Just about to make a cake, though can't seem to find the energy!

We've had a water leak... must have been there a while as my 6 month Bill has doubled! Wish I'd known earlier, I could have used my hosepipe as they will refund me on my extra usage :roll eyes:! Now I'm trying to get the kids to take shorter showers and wee in my compost bin, they are not amused.

Comment

• Morning its got brighter here in the last hour so not a bad day after all
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It was forecast to be cloudy all day, but the last couple of hours have been glorious. Unfortunately I've been in a black car with black leather interior and an aircon system that's blowing hot air ...

Comment

• Ooh - unlucky, AIC. At least I'm just stuck behind a desk - still looking out at the lovely weather, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllInContainers View Post
                                It was forecast to be cloudy all day, but the last couple of hours have been glorious. Unfortunately I've been in a black car with black leather interior and an aircon system that's blowing hot air ...
                                Are you an undertaker or a gangster AIC?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X