This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    Well deserved, Trip, I'm sure. I'll raise a glass with you. Slainte!

Just back from the pub and am currently dissatisfied with my wardrobe. It appears that I can either do (a) super casual jeans that I wear day in day out, (b) job interview suit (doubles for funerals or winter weddings) or (c) summer wedding chic.

No items reflect 'dress down casual' or 'smart casual' which would stand me in good stead for either Everyday Pub or Nice Pub.

Tonight I have been to the local Wetherspoons, but could have easily passed for Buckingham Palace garden party.

Hmm. Not good.
    I have a wardrobe full of work clothes that need to go to a good home. I will live in uniforms during the day, gardening clothes early evening, and onesies after my bath. What bliss. I will never wake up and think what do I have to wear today, who am I meeting? Etc. OH the bliss of it.
    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Bal View Post
      I have a wardrobe full of work clothes that need to go to a good home. I will live in uniforms during the day, gardening clothes early evening, and onesies after my bath. What bliss. I will never wake up and think what do I have to wear today, who am I meeting? Etc. OH the bliss of it.
      You're looking forward to Monday, I think, Bal! Good for you!

I work from home, hence the casual nature of my work attire. I seem to have jeans and 'smarts', but not enough 'nice casual'.

I did a survey tonight over a pint of so of UBU and some good conversation, of what everyone else was wearing in the Weatherspoons and the girls fell into the category of 'young, on the pull, outrageous false eyelashes/fake tan/(big @rse - seems to be all the go)/unwearable heels etc' OR 'young, casual, jeans and top' OR er.... don't know if I saw anyone my age.

I'd not swap me now for any of those girls, but I seem to have a lack of role models!

Comment

• Good Morning Grapeland, Happy weekend, workers. I hope it drags for you.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Mornin peeps!

After a night of thunder and lightening and very little rain, the rain has finally arrived chez nous....and very heavy it is too!
          At least managed to get a ton of wood split yesterday and one red arm

Woken up with hayfever...oh joy!

*sniff
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh dear, hope it clears up soon Nic...............
            Last edited by Bigmallly; 07-06-2014, 06:41 AM.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Morning well according to the weather is supposed to be raining now, not that I'm complaining

Originally posted by Bal View Post
              My clothes seem to be make up of walking gear, shorts, jeans, a couple of wedding/ funeral items then my gardening stuff is anything worn out. No onesie though just a couple of pairs of baggies.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                Retired from work today!

I wonder if I'll be able to fill my days?
                Congrats Martin
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                  Retired from work today!

I wonder if I'll be able to fill my days?
                  Enjoy every minute Martin cos it'll fly by.

Comment

• G'Moooooooooornin' Peeps! We have drizzle, but it has been forecast to chuck it down, so I'm going to hobble off and do Horsey chores this morning, and back for paperwork this afternoon.

Wardrobe? Hmmmm jodhpurs, or jeans. Polos or ruggers. Boots or mules. Wedding? Interview? Paaaaannnniiiiicccccc! Still, at my age/weight it's best to keep it all covered anyway.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Morning all

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake for Martin ..........

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Thunderclaps VERY noisy but little rain
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Thanks for good wishes and for the lovely cake, I'll have some of that with my lunch

It's raining here at the mo so I've been tidying up the menus on my blog (and added a pic of my new greenhouse in situ). My daughter's coming round to see us this afternoon so won't get a lot of gardening done today. Still it's supposed to be nice tomorrow...
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• It is raining steadily here and I can't decide if that is thunder rumbling or the aircraft have changed the direction of takeoff.
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Rain for us too (no surprise to you Jeanied) going to pick a lettuce, spring onions and radishes for tea in between showers, also a few strawberrys. Some cat has pooed in our bean bed grrrrr putting in an afternoon at Age UK, might be babysitting my grandchildren later and have got two lots of jam to make. Busy day
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Hi Hazel I never bothered about what I wore until I left the NHS and went into the sales side of medical equipment. In hospitals if you are a female and wear a uniform, as far as doctors are concerned(especially junior ones) you are just a nurse and therefore not worth listening to.

As my job involved actually teaching these doctors I used to "power"dress in order to get some credibility with them. It certainly worked. I am a great believer in the power of clothes. After all it's the first thing people see of you and base their initial judgement on.
                                Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X