No announcement yet.

Random Thought of the day...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, but my my Fort is; you should give me one of your Houses, as we can't afford one, and quite honestly, you don't need two!

...and I apologise for the use of Essex slang!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• You're right G4, I don't need 2.................I need at least 3, if not 4.
      I'm running out of space to keep my books and bookcases are so expensive - this way, I can just pile them on the floor.........

PS, Property is a lot cheaper here than in Essex

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I twigged that I must have a fortress as my name is CARole - so I am the Fortress of Ole ) Should I change my name
        Interesting....but as the ending -ole comes from the Latin oleum, meaning oil, maybe you're just an oily car
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• On the other hand, taking the whole word, you're a medieval ring dance performed to the singing of the dancers. Ain't English a wonderful language?
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            No, but my my Fort is; you should give me one of your Houses, as we can't afford one, and quite honestly, you don't need two!

...and I apologise for the use of Essex slang!
            Do tents count because we've got a cupboard full of them, well at least 5 of them
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Whenever I was being nosey as a kid, my parents would say "rerose for meddlars would you like a lick"
              My thought for the day is, has anyone else heard this phrase and has it anything to do with meddlars the fruit? I know meddlars are related to the rose family but what rerose means I cant inagine.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dorothy rouse;1182728]Tried to watch your video, but won't let me! Says it's restricted, maybe I'm too young! Will try again later!
                It cant be age restriction I was able to watch it
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Funny how one word can have so many meanings No wonder English is supposed to be difficult to learn :
                  It cant be that difficult my two year old grandson can talk in English
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

I had a random but quite intellectual thought (for me). Bear with me...........
                    CAR and CAER mean fortress and are the same as CASTER and C(H)ESTER in English as well as similar CAR names in Scotland and Cornwall. Each of these places had a fortress, usually a Roman one.
                    As I drove along, I thought of all the CAR/CAER places I could and eventually, I twigged that I must have a fortress as my name is CARole - so I am the Fortress of Ole ) Should I change my name
                    Have you ever heard of Carstairs in Lanarkshire I hope thats a fortress

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Carstairs like this:

Carstairs, par. and vil., E. Lanarkshire -- par., 9820 ac., pop. 1955; vil., pop. 528; P.O.; the vil. is 1 mile NW. of C. Junc. Carstairs House is 1 mile SW. of C. Junc. Carstairs, anciently called Castleterres, signifying the castle or fort of the estate, is supposed to have been the Roman Coria.

It does work !!!

Comment

• Ooer,does that all mean that my mispronunciation of castles as carsels is actually more correct that the current spelling would have us believe
                        Last edited by bearded bloke; 16-11-2013, 11:05 PM.
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Carstairs is a corruption of the word casters (Small nasty wheels on furniture) It is said the ancient warriors of carstairs used casters on their war chariots instead of wheels owing to the branch of Ikea in the town selling them cheap. At the first battle they were quickly bogged down in 2 inches of mud and were all slaughtered. The town became known as casters which later was turned into carstairs. The branch of Ikea was burned down and the viking shop assistants were beheaded. The heads were placed in bright blue and yellow bags and sent back to Sweden as a warning not to sell rubbish (this was however not heeded).
                          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Random thought for today - why, if a sign tells you there is wet paint somewhere, do you have to touch it to make sure?
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• A geothermal area around the tree? Because we had a geothermal area around our large concrete tank up the hill....heard about that when I complained about the cows walking around and around the tank at night and sometimes knocking the pipe out so I lost all the water! Apparently they keep warm around it.
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Water is a phenomenal compound!

The heat transfer properties are truly astounding. The amount of energy required to heat it as well as the heat retention properties.....

It's no wonder the cattle love it
                                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X