Random Thought of the day...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.............
    I wouldn't bother VC, no sense no feeling....
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• ^^^^ That's what happens when you stand under pylons

Comment

• The wires between the pylons are actually hollow- how else can you get currants to pass along them

The 'buzzing' is in fact the bouncing around of the currants en route you can hear!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikey View Post
          As an engineer you'd think they'd carry a mains torch.
          Thats why they are there, because the mains have failed, the buzz is made by rechargeable double A batteries for this very reason.
          Last edited by Bill HH; 06-03-2014, 12:34 PM.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• What 'buzzing?', think you need to get your hearing checked.
            DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
              Thats why they are there, because the mains have failed, the buzz is made by rechargeable double A batteries for this very reason.
              I think the pylon legs are stuffed with AA batteries, and they are powered by underground power lines.
              The overhead wires are a sham - all they do is Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz to convince nutters like Mikey that they are doing something.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                all they do is Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz to convince nutters like Mikey that they are doing something.
                I resent that comment, I'm not doing nothing.................uhh, yeah so there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                  Failed mains sound like a lions bad hair day.

Those are big statues to be powered by double A's, you'd think they'd use D's at least.

If currants run along the wires, is that why so many birds sit on them, they are waiting for lunch to pass them by?

Comment

If currants run along the wires, is that why so many birds sit on them, they are waiting for lunch to pass them by?
                    That must be the raisin...........

Comment

• Reckon he might have a bee in his ear instead of his bonnet.

Potty
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Random thought of the day, why do pylons buzz? its most offputting when you walk under them. No sensible answers please, that is not the purpose of my question.
                        If you stand with someone else under a pylon, or directly under the wires, and very very gently touch the other person's cheek, they get a static shock. This can be done surreptitiously by offering to brush away a non-existent smudge on the cheek, and the static shock reaction is nearly always funny (snigger, snigger, giggle)
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          If you stand with someone else under a pylon, or directly under the wires, and very very gently touch the other person's cheek, they get a static shock. This can be done surreptitiously by offering to brush away a non-existent smudge on the cheek, and the static shock reaction is nearly always funny (snigger, snigger, giggle)
                          You are awful......but I like you.
                          Last edited by Mikey; 06-03-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• You want a rational answer? Although I do like some of the nutters explanations ...

Try holding a fluorescent tube from a light fitting under them
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                                Try holding a fluorescent tube from a light fitting under them
                                I've no idea what happens then but I have to ask..................did you discover this yourself RT?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X