Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sends hotty over to Flo,i find one helps with any pain like that,ref the puzzle,many moons ago i did several,glued onto paper,and stored under my bed,plus 1 large 1,a good 3 x 2 feet,dad helped me with making a frame of sorts,hardboard,with a narrow wood glued and tacked around the outside for a frame,i just left it as it was no varnish,and was fine,these days you maybe pick up a large enough frame, with a glass front,if its a shaped puzzle,mount a backing cover for the outside background,that blends in,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      Evening All. Did I tell you that next door neighbours did the shaped (not square) jigsaw youngest GG bought me for Saturnalia last year? It's a collage of owls and is quite stunning. The pieces were so tiny it would have taken me ages, but they did it in 2 or 3 days. I fancied hanging it on the shed door, so they stuck it together with masking tape on the back. Do you think it would survive the elements if I varnish it with something?
      Waterproof PVA might do it, but it'll fade outdoors or exposed to the sun. I would be worried about the masking tape adhesive being strong enough though. Sealing over the top won't necessarily hold it together if the tape's glue breaks down.

G4, going to let that cushion go - the best I can hope for is that the SinL will show her friends and I'll get commissions - not that she isn't above taking commissions on the strength of that demo cushion, but making them herself! And, of course, she'd get the fabrics for free for her fond Mama Sadly, there's not a lot I can do other than pricing up future cushions - if I offend the outlaws that will be the end of my commissions.

Off to bed in a minute - I'm freezing.

Flo, hope your back recovers soon!
      Last edited by julesapple; 24-09-2013, 07:46 PM.
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Evening all.... Quiet here tonight...
        Hope all the ailments are improving...
        Feeling wrecked tired myself, so early night for me...
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

Morning All and thanks for your good wishes. Dosed up with paracetamol and ibuprofen, have applied gel topically and will be taking the lift up to my office this morning. We have to "prepare" the admin staff for the fire service strike this afternoon, though quite how to do that I haven't figured out yet. It's a chilly, misty start here, hope it brightens later. Have a lovely day

Ooh and thanks for the input about the jigsaw. I knew you'd know how to go about it Jules, or not (as the case may be), thank you. You might be right G4, but it's a bit, now what's the word? I don't know. Vivid maybe, for inside that is. I'm waffling, see you later.
          Last edited by Florence Fennel; 25-09-2013, 07:02 AM.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Morning All....The sun is trying, hopefully I'll get yesterday's laundry dry - it's still out there.

I must sew today. I did try last evening, but it didn't turn out well, and there is unpicking to do.

There is, however, picking to do in the garden. The raspberries have gone mad, the few pears are nearly ready and there are loads of apples - but I think the wasps have had fun with them.

Coffee?
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Morning all. It's dry and a bit brighter than yesterday. Might try and cut the lawn today (after I've picked up all the windfalls).

Comment

Morning, hope those meds and gell see you through the day Flo . According to my metcheck email its going to be More Cloud and Bleugh! today so not good and just as I was getting used to the sunshine being back again.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
                  I bought 6 jars of Asda Mild Curry Sauce yesterday (16p a jar) to empty down the sink so I could use the jars. It does seem terribly wasteful I know, but it is cheaper than buying jars. On the list of ingredients it said sultanas. There were 13 sultanas in total!! Less than 2.1 sultanas per jar.
                  Susie, my OH LOVES that sauce, he has it instead of gravy on his fish and veg, so I too save those jars for when I FINALLY get to make something!

Do you use the same lids or buy new ones? Because they stain quite bad with the curry sauce don't they

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    We have to "prepare" the admin staff for the fire service strike this afternoon, though quite how to do that I haven't figured out yet.
                    Tell 'em not to smoke and show 'em the fire exits??

Comment

G'Moooooooooooornin' Peeps!

Warm 'ere, but very damp, my laundry is also still on the line, and just as damp as when it went out yesterday.

Coffee?
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Even though its damp and horrid out we thought sod it lets go waking, nothing beats being wrapped up trudging around wet fields to lift you out of a otherwise dismal day
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Well I've just finished a job interview, and I REALLY hope I get the position. I think it went very well and I've now got everything crossed for the next 24 hours. I'm fed up of being stuck in a call centre and want to get back into admin, this position is perfect, based a a college for kids with behavoural/social issues

Comment

Just heard from Madmax, he and the boys have removed a third of our house roof. Good news is that it looks like half the roof is fine and just needs new waterproof layer
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

good morning peeps. having a quick look in from down the allotment. it is damp ish.but very warm and muggy.energy sapping heat. have been putting mypex down after getting all the potatoes up. this patch is ear marked for a new homemade poly .for next year.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Do you use the same lids or buy new ones? Because they stain quite bad with the curry sauce don't they
                                I boil them in a pan with a little soapy water for 5 mins. Works a treat!

I couldn't bring myself to taste the sauce ... it just looked so unappetising! But obviously it's popular or they would not continue to sell it. I wonder what the manufacturer pays for those jars? I suspect that they are the most expensive part of the product!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X