Insect Repellent

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikkib View Post
    Ouch! Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly for you!

I saw one of the little buggers biting me through the clothes too... there's only so far you can go wrapping up in this heat!
    Thanks! 😊 Hope you swatted that beastie when you spotted it trying to take a nibble.

Off to the lottie now and found some body oil to soak myself in til the amazon parcel turns up!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

SSS and if your a man wishing to retain your street cred you can peel the label off
      "...Very dark, is the other side, very dark."

"Shut up, Yoda. Just eat your toast."

Comment

I find the answer to insect bites is whisky, they still bite you but you dont dive a damn.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

We've used a few different things this year especially after my wife had a tick bite react that required very strong antibiotics for a fortnight.
          Homemade citronella and tea tree oil spray, SSS (good for mossies only we found) and Repel 55, plus the usual trousers in socks look! We also take small doses of antihistamine throughout the summer, a quarter of a standard citrezine tablet a day, which helps with any bites we get.
          We live in a forest clearing so the quantity and variety of bitey insects is vast!
          The Repel 55 is very good but very strong so we try to use as little as possible.
          BTW nothing seems to repel horse flies, they have bitten us through our clothing.
          Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

I wear one of these bracelets and not a bite. Not one!
            BRACELET | Para'Kito

Comment

avon sss GREEN option - it smells a bit like summit you'd pour down a toilet to cleanse, oil, dry-oil spray (best), bath foam, shwr gel - although not wildly unpleasant - but it was what they used when filming braveheart - former a.lady - it does work - uses non pharmaceutical (natural) ingredients - if they marketed as an anti mosi formula they'd have to get a pharma licence which would cost gazillions..................
              Last edited by quark1; 03-09-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Maybe the one I got is the wrong version as sadly I was still bitten to pieces whilst having it on.

The one I have has jojoba oil in it apparently!
                http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Mr TS has a dozen bites on him (none on me) so I've made a mozzie trap to hang near the water butts where the mozzers hang out
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X