I've got my own lottie today!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eden View Post
    Peter, I'm sorry if I offended you and you were pointing out the wildlife to be found on an overgrown allotment, it's me, I'm a dirty little germinator with my mind in the bottom of the compost bin, can you forgive me, purleeeese? I don't think for one minute you would be rude - would you?! Mmmmmm.
    Hmmmm, think we've got a serious one here Nick.

Yes I was seriously pointing out wildlife, but with my posting record I had better not be offended. Your last comment might be closer to reality.
    Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
    Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
    I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Congratulations Eden! It's a wonderful feeling when you get your own lottie isnt it? Im sure you'll soon lick it into shape! Do keep everyone posted on your progress - post some photos as well! Best wishes Bernie
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Lottie update

Well, went down this morning to start strimming all that long grass and one of the chaps that helps to run the allotment has covered it in round up weedkiller!! I'm gutted! I try to everything organic and don't use any chemicals so this has really put a downer on it. I did tell them I would dig it all over and didn't want any chemicals on it, but he took no notice of what I said! Then to top it off he's charging me £1.50 for it!!! I try so hard to be friendly and not get into any arguments but what do I do?! I said 'Oh, I was going to dig it' but he said nothing. I feel sometimes as though they see me as this poor little girl who hasn't got a clue!! Well, I have!!!! Frustrating or what!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eden View Post
          Well, went down this morning to start strimming all that long grass and one of the chaps that helps to run the allotment has covered it in round up weedkiller!! I'm gutted! I try to everything organic and don't use any chemicals so this has really put a downer on it. I did tell them I would dig it all over and didn't want any chemicals on it, but he took no notice of what I said! Then to top it off he's charging me £1.50 for it!!! I try so hard to be friendly and not get into any arguments but what do I do?! I said 'Oh, I was going to dig it' but he said nothing. I feel sometimes as though they see me as this poor little girl who hasn't got a clue!! Well, I have!!!! Frustrating or what!!!
          I would demand to know who gave him permission to do this!!
          Tell him he can "whistle" for his £1.50 as you did not ask him to do it!
          My lottie was quite weed ridden when I took it over & I weeded it all by digging (300sq yards) it took a couple of months but worth it
          And I think digging is the best option as you get rid of the cooch grass roots!
          Wether you have a clue or not it is non of his buisness how you "run" you lottie & anyway you can always ask you friends on "The Vine".
          Last edited by bubblewrap; 26-05-2007, 03:31 PM.
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Thank-you bubblewrap, you are quite right, I'm not going to pay him, I never asked him to do it and never wanted to do it the chemical way. I didn't know what 'power' these guys have over the allotments, are they normally allowed do kind of take over and do what they want? When me and my friends took an allotment over last year all we got was the old fellas telling us to pull our finger out, I told my friends that there wasn't a lot to do until spring so ignore them. That is why I got my own allotment, but it's all gone pear shaped!! Ooo errrrr.

Comment

you should kick up a fuss! get out your thesaurus and write a looooooong letter of complaint,especially if its a council one.They reply to letters of complaint.I know.

Comment

I expect the "person"? in question has been there for years & thinks he can do as he likes. He dosen't own the site stand up to him as long as your lottie is reasonably tidy it has nowt to do with him what you do or grow there.
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X