No announcement yet.

a question for welsh grapes please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are looking at caravan club sites what about Freshwater East, its only a couple of hundred metres away from the beach. There are better beaches out there Barrafundle Bay for example one of the best beaches in the World!!

Stackpole is just around the corner and is definitely worth a visit to the lily ponds there and the walled garden, and beach. The Stackpole Inn is a lovely quiet picture perfect country pub with great food. We've stayed at freshwater and like and caravan club sites its well maintained and sits nestled at the bottom of the valley so is very sheltered.

There isn't a lot in freshwater itself there's a pub, but its quite a trek back up the hill to get to it. When we stayed we drove where we wanted to go.

Alternatively how about Pembrey Country Park near llanelli, you've got probably one of the largest beaches right on your doorstep Pendine sands (a beach full of shells), and the country estate which you have free access to. You have a racecourse nearby in Trimsaran, and you are not too far away from Trostre Park llanelli for shopping, or Parc y scarlets if you fancy watching a game of rugby.
    Last edited by Mikey; 25-06-2013, 12:34 PM.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

sounds lovely, unfortunately I've just checked and they shut mid-october I do like the sound of the area though sounds lovely

Comment

I thought about Pembrey too. Its much nearer and the beach at Cefn Sidan must be one of the best in Britain. Where To In Carmarthenshire, Stay Eat Visit & Shop in Carmarthenshire | Pembrey Country Park
        Its on the Coastal Footpath so lots of walks without going by car.
        Its also midway between Gower and West Wales so you can go in either direction to explore.
        My little house is only a few miles from Pembrey so you could come over for coffee and walk our beach if that doesn't put you off, nothing will

Comment

might just take you up on that VC! Would love to come and have a nose at your lovely garden.... will do a bit more research. I did see a few sites around that area, unfortunately most of them shut at the start of october, i'm sure we'll find one though.....

Comment

To be honest any part around the coast in south/west Wales you are in for a treat and the best part about going in October it won't be full of tourist leaving you to enjoy enjoy and enjoy
            In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

You are absolutely right VC, the beach in Pembrey is not pendine sands, thats the other side of the estuary!!

Cefn Sidan is a lovely beach though.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I knew what you meant - even if nobody else did

Comment

Llangenith or worms head would be my choice! You can take the dog and your surf board.

Comment

(milford haven boy here), check out Sandy haven, great when the tide starts going out and you can crossvthe river over the lge concreat stepping stones.. Yes New gale is great, but dont get caught out there on a windy day, although great for body boarding, youll be amazed at all the pebbles/cobbles up high to the road.
                    Please don't tap the glass

2013, first year of trying to grow food for the table, any advice certainly welcomed.

Comment

...youll have to check out Tenby and i think its called Farmer giles, better than Manor park, if you got shed loads of money, go to Oakwood for the day.

2013, first year of trying to grow food for the table, any advice certainly welcomed.

Comment

Tenby - aaaa - -I think they stil had a Wimpy the last time I was there....and it wasn't that long ago either

Comment

Originally posted by Jonthefish View Post
                          (milford haven boy here), check out Sandy haven, great when the tide starts going out and you can crossvthe river over the lge concreat stepping stones.. Yes New gale is great, but dont get caught out there on a windy day, although great for body boarding, youll be amazed at all the pebbles/cobbles up high to the road.
                          Are you really from Milford I grew up in Neyland went to tommy pic in h/west and moved to Milford when I was 17 my family are all from Milford!
                          Last edited by darcyvuqua; 27-06-2013, 07:30 AM.
                          In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Thankyou for all of the suggestions, hoping to book this site:

Eastmoor Farm
                            Rhossili
                            Swansea
                            SA3 1PQ

Eastmoor Farm offers members a four acre field each pitch being numbered and generously spaced. Electric hook up is available for all pitches. The site is mown with easy accessibility to water disposal point and rubbish bins. Good rural views towards Reynoldston and Rhossili Hill.

Footpaths within 100 meters of CL gate connect to Coastal Path and Bays or lead off onto unspoilt countryside that makes Gower an area of outstanding natural beauty.

Rhossili offers a 3 mile sandy beach and the spectacular island of Worm's Head.

Convenient bus service and good well stocked local shops.

Follow directions in directory not satnav.

Site owned since 1984.

just waiting for confirmation, is this close enough for a coffee VC?!!!

Comment

Yes Darcy, i was born in Withybush........hospital and grew up in Hakin, milford. Played a few rugby games against STP. I got family in pendergast and milford.

Comment

Good choice, fab beach and the Worms Head hotel is good for a beer in the evening

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X