Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Postcodes?

Irish grapes I need your help...

......do you have postcodes in Ireland (Republic, not Northern) more specifically Limerick.

I have a parcel to send, and no postcode and the idiot child in the PO says I can't send it without a postcode. I didn't think they had postcodes in Eire, and I'm sure she didn't put the Republic into her computer - but she hates me anyway, cos I keep giving her work, bless.
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Answer on Eire postcodes

Hello Jules

The Irish government have been thinking about bringing in a standardised postal coding system for at least the last 10 years, and the way the economy has gone it is not a priority now to get this sorted out, so the best way to get to the place where you want to go/post something is by knowing the following:

Name of the person
    House/Apartment number
    Street
    Town/city
    County (Dublin, Limerick, Cork, etc)
    ...and then just add EIRE at the end to represent the Republic of Ireland.

The irish postal service website may also answer this question for you - An Post Home. In Ireland, no one delivers more

Hope this helps...

Comment

Just been to the Limerick Tourist web site and looked at the hotels for accomodation, none have a postcode supplied for their address. So I assume that it is as you say, they do not use postcodes.
      No reason why they should since thay are not part of the UK so our post office and post codes do not apply.

Comment

Only one...

The Republic is the only country in Europe not to have postcodes. The City of Dublin has them, but nowhere else on the island does...

Comment

Thanks Herbs,

If I'm really lucky the that particular young lady will be having a day off in Monday, having worked this morning. I might get an assistant I don't have to argue with....
          Jules

Comment

As herbs says above, we have codes in Dublin. Beyond civilisation they dont have them.

Comment

Careful Redser!... In the country we don't need them as we can find our way around
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

couldn't resist

Comment

Now, now, children. Play nicely
                  Jules

Comment

Have you not seen Dara O'Brien's sketch about his gran posting a letter in Ireland? Not sure where in Ireland but worth looking for on YouTube or something. Very funny.

Comment

Letter to Ireland - Dara O Briain - YouTube

So just write IRELAND in big capital letters and you'll be grand begorah

Comment

Being in a very small village our address is nice and simple:

M & Mme P PLOT
                        65130VILLAGE NAME

Saves on ink
                        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, I live in Rue François le Saulnier de Saint Jouan!!!!!Try getting that on a postcard!

Love the Dara O Briain thing.

Comment

I've been sent a few letters with practically no recognisable bits of my address on and just my first name, and they seem to be delivered faster than the ones with a first class stamp and a postcode. I think the Posties enjoy the challenge and that using conventional addresses is really rather boring.

Comment

When we lived in Belfast my OH worked for a place that did a lot of business 'down south'. He was quite taken aback by all the addresses that had no numbers in whatsoever.
                              March is the new winter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X