Sartorial Opinions, Please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
    I like the third one best - I think the balance of colours works best - the forward facing foxes is very dark.
    what he said....
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

I can't get that one, Lynne, I liked it too.

Now that AD has suggested the bag idea, I'm toying with making a circular skirt out of the top photo fabric and two blouses, out of the others?
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I am currently banned from offering opinions on clothing, due to a) being colourblind, B) having nada in the way of tact and c) being brutally honest and forthright in my opinion

Howver, for what it is worth, the foxy faces are way too dark to go with that dress style, although it kinda depends on whether you can pull off the whole 30s - 50s retro thing in general or not
        Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Jeans and a polo shirt is much easier, Jules!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Jeans and a polo shirt is much easier, Jules!
            Yeah.....if'n it rains on holiday, that's what it'll be......but I'm hopeful I'll get to air 'mon look' (as a French friend calls it) if we get some sun.

Actually, I'm just running away with an idea........an obsession.
            Jules

Comment

I think either would go well with my fishnets and red high heels!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Bet ya'd look a real Foxy Laddie, Snadge

Comment

Eh snadge.....I think I'd rather take jules to the dance than you!

I bet she will look fab........

Loving my allotment!

Comment

SShhhhh.......don't hurt his feelings. You could be shattering illusions here.
                    Jules

Comment

He's bound to look fab.......ish!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Originally posted by out in the cold View Post
                        I am currently banned from offering opinions on clothing, due to... being brutally honest and forthright in my opinion
                        Along the lines of:

"does this dress make me look fat?"

"No love, it's your fat that makes you look fat"
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Jules, do you use patternreview dot com?

very good for discussions on various patterns, they also have a large "vintage" following

btw, I buy my patterns from ebay.com (USA) because they're so much cheaper than UK, in general
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I discovered that yesterday, TS, but didn't register. I've bought most of my patterns from ebay (had a few problems Seller sent me a petite pattern and I'd cut out five dresses before I realised, she was awkward about it) as they are good value, but the actual McCalls/Butterick/Vogue site has some good sales. They also have a members discount club - might ask for a subscription for my birthday if anyone asks what I'd like.

I've just bought three vintage patterns for $9.64 plus shipping, which was $15........but that's still much cheaper than over here where the patterns on ebay would have been nearly £50 without shipping. I hope they arrive today!!

One of the best ways to see what finished dress patterns turn out like is to put the pattern make & number into Gurgle images. There's usually someone built like me modelling their dress so I can see whether or not it'll look good. They do look vastly different from the 50's artwork on the envelopes unless you're 6ft and built like a knitting needle.
                            Last edited by julesapple; 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM.
                            Jules

Comment

What do I think? I think can you make me one please!?

All the fabrics are gorgeous but I like the darker fox faces for the bodice part best.
                              I was feeling part of the scenery
                              I walked right out of the machinery
                              My heart going boom boom boom
                              "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                              I've come to take you home."

Comment

I think the fox faces are a mid minky taupe brown, not too dark. They are very cute though. Bit of a long trip for fittings SH!

I've ordered enough to make a full circle skirt and two simple fitted tops.
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X