No announcement yet.

Nothing but bad news!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, to resurrect this thread. We established it was definitely my Starter motor. It has now been replaced. However, it needs two rear springs, a front ball-joint and the handbreak needs adjusting. Booked in for next wednesday. The battery will need replacing soon, too. The joys of owning an old motor, I guess.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I have a reasonably new motor (5yr old Nissan Qashqai) and had to replace the gearbox, clutch, flywheel last year. It was 6 months out of warranty. Would have cost over four and a half grand had I got it done at the dealership, but cost about 2 and a bit using reconditioned parts.

Have since found out that a very large motor retailer has instructed their staff not to accept one in a trade in unless in a daft deal. I was totally fuzzing, as I had bought a big Japanese diesel (for just under 20 grand!) in the firm belief that it would last for years if regularly maintained. So much for that idea
      Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

This is why i loveworking at a garage no labour cost and trade price parts...happy days

Comment

My Dad's N!$$@n is two years and three months old, and keeps breaking down. The dealer says there's no fault. My stroppy old Dad is doing the 'not-fit-for-purpose' thing, and refusing to collect it.

They are not happy.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I had to use that line within 2 days of buying a brand new car - when the brakes failed after about 40 miles Had to bring in Trading Standards too as the garage said it could be repaired All sorted in the end to my advantage

Comment

I once collected my car from some work on the brakes and its MOT, and on arriving at the junction to the very busy main road, discovered that they hadn't bled the brakes... Lots of frantic pumping of brake pedal, shoving it into reverse and application of the handbrake saved a narsty accident, and they admitted that an apprentice had done the work and they hadn't checked it before giving me it back - presumably the brakes hadn't even been tested for the MOT! Even so, it took a solicitor's letter before they stopped trying to get me pay for it!
              Last edited by SarzWix; 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Well the garage rang me yesterday they knew that in this day and age 1k is alot of wonga and they have had a closer look at the turbo and they have said the turbo is in decent nick so they are going to replace a valve first in which case it will only cost £80 it's amazing if that fixes it and we have had a car free from the garage for the whole period
                In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X