No announcement yet.

Pretty Reptile Food dishes (herbivores)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found an American page where they grow for tops not roots .......Growing Turnip Greens - Bonnie Plants
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

No after I had no luck outdoors I used some of that (veggy growing soil from B@Q) it was called organic something but it deffo had organic in the name

Comment

You know just purely out of interest might some seeds not grow after a certain time period? or should they sprout anyways?

Comment

How about radish leaves? Can they eat those?
          I'm going to suggest that you try growing sprouting seeds indoors. Within a week they would be ready to eat and, if you kept sowing a different jar each day, you could keep up a regular supply. You don't need soil, heat or much light. For instance - here are broccoli greens Broccoli Sprouting Seeds - Green - Suttons Seeds and Plants

Comment

Originally posted by Salazar Slytherin View Post
            You know just purely out of interest might some seeds not grow after a certain time period? or should they sprout anyways?
            Do you mean old seeds? All packets should have a "sow by" date. Try buying some fresh seed and have another go. Places like LIDL and Aldi sell cheap seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Salazar Slytherin View Post
              P.s, never herd of texel greens (will research)
              Very fast growing cut & come again,used mainly in stir fry or green salad

Seeds available here ..... Texel Greens - Items - Moreveg vegetable seeds most at 50p also herb and flowers

Think VC is growing it,so may have good info

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                How about radish leaves? Can they eat those?
                I'm going to suggest that you try growing sprouting seeds indoors. Within a week they would be ready to eat and, if you kept sowing a different jar each day, you could keep up a regular supply. You don't need soil, heat or much light. For instance - here are broccoli greens Broccoli Sprouting Seeds - Green - Suttons Seeds and Plants
                Yes they do eat raddish greens, and I do feed it often when I can get them, I am hoping to grow some of them this year too, but they are easy I have done that before.

Thankyou for your advice, patience and understanding, I will keep you informed on how things go, il give that a try. Many thanks guys, should I soak the seeds before planting or just plant them and water?
                Last edited by Salazar Slytherin; 21-03-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                  Very fast growing cut & come again,used mainly in stir fry or green salad

Seeds available here ..... Texel Greens - Items - Moreveg vegetable seeds most at 50p also herb and flowers

Think VC is growing it,so may have good info
                  Awesome! I am sure that would be fine to feed it has a fairly good ca: ph ratio and an abundance of nutriton that I just read, il be happy to look into it, a great big thankyou bearded bloke you know I have 2 other lizards and they are called bearded dragons I think one would suit you.
                  Last edited by Salazar Slytherin; 21-03-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Aside from age another factor that will affect seeds is the minimum germination temperature

Comment

If you soak them, its harder to sow them thinly the next day because they're wet. If you're going to grow them in jamjars it doesn't matter!
                      What about pea shoots? They're green, grow very easily all year round and you can grow them from packets of dried peas so are very cheap.

Comment

Do you mean old seeds? All packets should have a "sow by" date. Try buying some fresh seed and have another go. Places like LIDL and Aldi sell cheap seed.
                        Well I bought them off ebay, funny enough from a tortoise supplier (their diets are similar to iggys) and it just came in a little plastic bag thing with a note saying purple turnip, the seeds were very small rounded and brown looking, there is definately no date on them? he is apparantly quite good though/ so I dunno, might be a clue in it.
                        Last edited by Salazar Slytherin; 21-03-2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Bearded Dragon Bloke!!!

Comment

If you soak them, its harder to sow them thinly the next day because they're wet. If you're going to grow them in jamjars it doesn't matter!
                            What about pea shoots? They're green, grow very easily all year round and you can grow them from packets of dried peas so are very cheap.
                            I feed pea shoots too but occasionally I am willing to give them a try at growing, I have some other seeds to try out, some vetch, plantain, (various mustards) and alfalfa this year too.

Comment

Bearded Dragon Bloke!!!

That would be my handsome Welsh cousin
                              Last edited by bearded bloke; 21-03-2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Thankyou guys, you have gave me some awesome ideas already, Hopefully soon I will have some more awesome food dishes to show off, and some more pics of the lizards enjoying them thankyou.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X