Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being offered my 5th free GH - a lean-to approx 10' x 6'.
    You can never have too many GHs

Comment

• Having a couple of days off in a row. The kids getting the car going so they can come home from sydney.
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Being offered my 5th free GH - a lean-to approx 10' x 6'.
        You can never have too many GHs
        Youre on a roll this week VC, chickens and a GH in one week?..

Can I say....Kids go back to school tomorrow! YAY!!!!

I love them really!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I love them really!!
          I also love kids Scarlet but I couldn't eat a whole one................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Having my seeds germinate, any seeds I,m not fussy.
            Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Steak and kidney pukka pie with chips and gravy for lunch. Yummy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill
                Have had printer for 6 months and still manage to print labels on the wrong side of the sheet.
                Originally posted by alldigging
                Have instructions on which way up to put labels in written on front of printer.
                Grapes with excellent ideas! Thank you AD, that one now implemented!

Attached Files

Comment

• Shall I go and delete my comment on the rant thread then, Hazel!?
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    Shall I go and delete my comment on the rant thread then, Hazel!?
                    No, because I still iz a pillock!

Comment

• Shirt sleeve order in the garden. Magic
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Opening this forum in the morning and finding I've got 'new likes'! I love seeing those bold type numbers.
                        My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Originally posted by Noosner View Post
                          Opening this forum in the morning and finding I've got 'new likes'! I love seeing those bold type numbers.
                          Me too!

Breeding marbled newts in the pond. They eat slugs.

Blackbird feeding slugs to fledglings in the veg garden.

Hedgehogs rushing around and grumbling as only hedgehogs can Oh, and eating slugs.

More glow worms than last year.

Despite wet weather the slug count is down on last year. So far.
                          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Opening an envelope from Scarlet who had offered to send me some mexican spinach seeds to find loads of other seeds included too! Thank you so much!

:-))))

Comment

• Finishing my first month of casual work. Worked almost everyday. Now I have about 10 days off

So much to do going to enjoy it!
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                                Me too!

Breeding marbled newts in the pond. They eat slugs.

Blackbird feeding slugs to fledglings in the veg garden.

Hedgehogs rushing around and grumbling as only hedgehogs can Oh, and eating slugs.

More glow worms than last year.

Despite wet weather the slug count is down on last year. So far.
                                I keep meaning to send you this;

By Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall from River Cottage 2009

METHOD

First purge the slugs by feeding them for five days on a single-item diet of lettuce, cabbage or carrot peelings. Then starve the slugs for two days more to remove any remaining digested matter in their systems (this step is optional, but if you don't do it, you will have to gut them).

Put the slugs in the freezer to kill them. Make up a solution of equal quantities of vinegar and water and soak the frozen slugs in it for a few minutes to begin drawing out their slime.

Put them in a pan of cold water with a dash of vinegar and bring up to a simmer. More slime will come out. Drain the slugs and rinse them under the tap, removing the slime with your fingers.

Repeat the simmering and rinsing, with fresh water and vinegar each time, at least three more times, until no more slime comes out.

Put the slugs in a pan of fresh water with some sliced carrot and onion and a bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook until the slugs are tender - probably just 5-8 minutes. If you need to gut the slugs, make a slit one-third of the way down the back of the body and remove the intestines.

© River Cottage
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X