X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chilli_grower View Post
    Hi all,

Actually, I am not going back tomorrow.

I really think I have enough for now, and I do not want to be perceived by my 'contact' as taking the 'mickey'.

Besides, I have a busy day tomorrow for mothers day...It is also my Mums birthday!
    I might have to take advantage of your absence then CG Though I doubt that I have your charm with the ladies

Comment

ASDA near us,i would imagine anyone selling lots of flowers ,especialy in the morning,with the last minut shoppers,if you have one near,try tonight,always a good idea to look and collect,take them to the person on duty,and say,can i have these please,i also pounce on ther bigger rose buckets that only have a few in,they usually empty them out,i think its because they only to glad to get rid of them on motherday particular,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well, I am afraid I cant reveal my sources.....Even know you are in France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I have my own 'source' thank you!!!

I'm talking flower tubs here!
        Last edited by Nicos; 09-03-2013, 06:36 PM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Asda, Tesco, Lidl give them away for free (though last time, asda charged me 5p/bucket ). Morrisons = 8 for 99p I think. Coop also give them away free if they have surplus, haven't tried waitrose or sainsburys personally yet - for getting flower buckets.

Comment

Our Tesco recycle theirs, so no chance of buying or give-away. Pity because they're quite large and square, would make good planters. I get mine free from Asda.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Wierd innit,my local Asda have to return them as part of the in-branch recycling initiative
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

'Tis weird indeed. I thought at first it was at the discretion of the manager, but if they have a recycing initiative you'd think that would apply in general, rather than in-branch
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

If you 'think' you have too many just remember my handy tip (posted elsewhere) to punch holes in one bucket and place into a second unpunctured bucket with a layer of stones or grit to give lift and you'll have a system where you'll not have to find saucers (extra expense) and will retain water in a reservoir beneath the main bucket - very useful should we ever get a really hot, dry period this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by quark1 View Post
                    If you 'think' you have too many just remember my handy tip (posted elsewhere) to punch holes in one bucket and place into a second unpunctured bucket with a layer of stones or grit to give lift and you'll have a system where you'll not have to find saucers (extra expense) and will retain water in a reservoir beneath the main bucket - very useful should we ever get a really hot, dry period this summer!
                    Spoken like a true optimist!
                    Lynne x

Comment

Summer!
                      Ah yes! I remember those.

Comment

and here's me looking forward to a cooler summer
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Make some self watering planters.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I agree with above post about managers discretion.

I believe I also clinched the deal because I had my very cute 2 year old daughter with me at the time of asking.

How does one make the self watering planters you speak of????
                            Last edited by chilli_grower; 10-03-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Wow that really is an impressive haul! I might have to pop down to Asd@ later for a few!

I found this thread about self watering buckets CG:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ots_64368.html
                              http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

How does one make the self watering planters you speak of????
                                Just make a smaller version of this: I used them for my Toms last year.

Self Watering Container
                                Last edited by Bigmallly; 10-03-2013, 08:44 AM.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X