How can anyone NOT want children?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    I don't mind kids but couldn't eat a whole one.
    You can eat my two, but to be fair there's more meat on the lad. Girl is like a toothpick. Wish I still was
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
      I'm going grey now - I'm 30. Stress I guess!

In fact, I started going grey a couple of years ago!
      I thought your mate was in Rome. Working on baby no. 3!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        I've no idea what colour my hair is naturally, not seen that for about 20 years.
        You're my kinda girl. Dyeing for thirty years

Comment

We couldn't have kids naturally. We went through endless and painful testing, the medics decided that severe mumps at 15 did for the BH's contribution.

The easiest option was to use donor sperm. This way we had two children, a son and a daughter, four years apart. I desperately wanted more, but felt very blessed with our two and thought we were being greedy asking for more. Other people we knew were still trying and failing to conceive.

I actually thought I had a tummy bug when our daughter was about 3½. I was ill, on & off, for months. Going back and fourth to the doctor, he decided to do a pregnancy test. It was positive. We were stunned. It was a bit like square one for the BH - he hadn't had considered that the pregnancy would feel different to him this time, it was his baby, he helped make it, in there this time. With the DD and #1 Son he freely admitted that he felt nothing for them, indeed he resented the bond I had with my bumps, until the babies were born.

We were told #2 Son was a miracle, don't hope for it to happen again. But I fell pregnant quite quickly. Toby was born just over a year after #2 Son. Sadly, he had Anencephaly. We had him for 14 precious hours. I try hard not to forget a minute of them. The doctors advice was to go home and try for another baby. We had #3 Son 14 months later.

We called it a day after #3, but still feel incredibly lucky to have had any children at all.
          Last edited by julesapple; 24-02-2013, 12:03 PM.
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

A sad, but moving post Jules.
            x
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Nics, don't be sad. We're not. We have a lot, an awful lot, to be very thankful and happy about. Lots of people don't get that chance once. Toby stayed as long as he could.
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I'm so fortunate never to have lost a child and never had problems getting pregnant- what you have said Jules has really touched me.
                It's comments like yours which make me stop and think how lucky I am to have 2 wonderful children .

Thank you for reminding me about something which is so easily taken for granted.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Sorry folks I meant to delete this thread as the images did not post.
                  But hey were very funny images .
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                    Sorry folks I meant to delete this thread as the images did not post.
                    But hey were very funny images .
                    Well as you can see BW, we entertained ourselves in the meantime.........
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      Well as you can see BW, we entertained ourselves in the meantime.........
                      Indeed and we worked out that BM is a child catcher but couldn't eat a whole one

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                        Mine, seeing as they were the ones malfunctioning

I know, but I'm only 40!

SO what?

I've been forty for the past 25 years.

So there!

:-)

Comment

Strange: A thread I meant to delete has had 56 replies & 65 likes
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Now 71 likes
                            Brian Clough

Comment

Now 75!!
                              Sorry, I am late coming to this thread.. A bit like the other 20 or 30 odd I am catching up on...
                              With my replies bumping posts back up, will I get an infraction for trolling..
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure the orginal intention of the thread was a casual funny but I love the responses (even the sad ones ). I was nearly 30 before converting from 'they're all horribble little gits' to 'maybe I'd like just one'. Within 8 years I had four of 'em (not all on purpose!) and have never regretted a minute, even with my second child being 'special'
                                I was feeling part of the scenery
                                I walked right out of the machinery
                                My heart going boom boom boom
                                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                                I've come to take you home."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X