No announcement yet.

James Wong - your thoughts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Zaz I thought my post might be helpful for OP to review previous threads on the site & gave an alternative method of searching
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      I think what VVG might mean is that the question about whether 'it is ok' to like him or not is completely irrelevant. If you like him, then like him. If you don't then don't. Do your own research and make your own mind up. Not necessarily all research happens on the Vine.

We aren't in the school yard and if one person likes someone and the others don't, it doesn't make either of them wrong, they are both right.
      Right or Wong
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
        Sorry Zaz I thought my post might be helpful for OP to review previous threads on the site & gave an alternative method of searching
        It's ok BB - I just think that's what VVG might have meant. I might be wrong. I often am.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          Right or Wong
          I thought as much.

Comment

I think what VVG might mean is that the question about whether 'it is ok' to like him or not is completely irrelevant. If you like him, then like him. If you don't then don't. Do your own research and make your own mind up. Not necessarily all research happens on the Vine.

We aren't in the school yard and if one person likes someone and the others don't, it doesn't make either of them wrong, they are both right.
            I realise that. I wasn't asking for 'permission' to like him, just being a bit silly in assuming someone could be 'in' and acceptable when others are a bit 'out'... Ignore me, I was probably just musing a tad too far...

Comment

Anyway, I've just placed an order with The Real Seeds Company, so I just know that everyone will agree with that!...

Comment

Originally posted by Herbsandveg View Post
                I realise that. I wasn't asking for 'permission' to like him, just being a bit silly in assuming someone could be 'in' and acceptable when others are a bit 'out'... Ignore me, I was probably just musing a tad too far...
                You did say 'is it ok to like him...'?

I think there is no 'in' and 'out' in gardening. We take info and experience from so many diverse places that anyone who gardens is effectively 'in' with someone on here.

Comment

Just to add, I think it's quite natural for people to feel a particular affinity for whoever had particularly inspired them to start growing; for me it's Hugh F-W and Titchmarsh that got me back into growing veg., and John Seymour who fuelled my thirst for self-sufficiency. Not that I'm anywhere near that, but would dearly love to be!

Comment

Geoff Hamilton
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Percy Thrower for me. Yes, I'm ancient. My grandad used to like him so I did too.

Comment

Percy Thrower for me. Yes, I'm ancient. My grandad used to like him so I did too.
                        Oh yes, forgot him. Really love Charles Dowding at the mo! Reading old Gertyrood at the mo as well. Can recommend Cleve West Our Plot book. Also Andy Clevely.

Comment

Was it James Wong who had the series on TV about growing and using natural remedies?

I got quite inspired by a few of the items on there, but promptly forgot all about them when it came time to buy seeds etc.

On the other hand, I quite fancy growing lots of the electric buttons and feeding them to my mates

Andy
                          http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
                            Was it James Wong who had the series on TV about growing and using natural remedies?

I got quite inspired by a few of the items on there, but promptly forgot all about them when it came time to buy seeds etc.

On the other hand, I quite fancy growing lots of the electric buttons and feeding them to my mates Andy
                            Grow your own drugs! I liked that. But not his homegrown revolution so much. He wants people to grow weird and wonderful, but all veg were once that! Think he's missing the point of growing your own spuds, onions and sprouts. Not everyone wants to give over space to novelty or purchase so called common veg, whilst growing exotica.

Comment

Joyce Larkcom, anyone? I hear she's good...

Comment

Originally posted by Herbsandveg View Post
                                Joyce Larkcom, anyone? I hear she's good...

Less of the smut please,we are an all family forum I got a book by Joy Larkham about 3 years ago,really should read it someday
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X