Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A year of the beard..... And staying strong.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must you have the full all over long beard?

The BH has a goatee type, and the bristles are not allowed to grow more than half a centimetre in length. We keep it carefully trimmed and shaped. If a beard goes all the way to the neckline it pays hell with collars and that can cause spots.

Also, hair conditioner helps (although you can buy beard conditioner) with the itching. A well trimmed and properly shaped beard looks lovely. Robert Downey Jnr had a good one.
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Another vote here for the beard
      and I agree with jules trimmed ones are best

Comment

My OH has a beard - and I love it!

When it gets a bit longer, it'll become softer- and much nicer to 'av a snog with'

I hate scratchy stubble....it really puts me off- espesh over here, as it is compulsory to kiss cheeks 2-4 times each time you meet someone you know

Just don't let the tash bit get too long as you probably won't like it touching your lip.

( oh- and remember to wash your face after eating once it gets established)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Beards might be prickly for kissing........but they have their moments
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Well Im shocked at the mixed review here guys never thought I would get this many replies
            Last edited by darcyvuqua; 16-01-2013, 02:18 PM.
            In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

I'm in the no beard camp and I think you look better without it. I understand that you don't want to shave every day but maybe just do it once a week. Maybe your wife should stop shaving too and see who gives up first?
              Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
                I'm in the no beard camp and I think you look better without it. I understand that you don't want to shave every day but maybe just do it once a week. Maybe your wife should stop shaving too and see who gives up first?
                Were doing it together but her tash is starting to annoy me
                In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Has it grown any more since your last post???

I think you are lucky to have the right bone structure for a beard. PLUS- it's a nice shaped one- no bald patches!

( I actually think you look more yummy with it! )

Comment

When I grew a touche for movember it made my nose look bigger. Weird!! Mine was a bit ginger to start with but it did get less so as it grew out.

For the first few weeks I moisturised, none of that deep hydration mens cream rubbish, just plain old aqueous cream to help with the irritation. I also trimmed the hair on my upper lip in the corners where it met my lower lip as this seems to be an point of great irritation. I had in my mind I'd like to grow a big bushy beard and shave my head, there's a volleyball player swedish or finnish I think, which I thought had a good look.

Anyway good luck with it darcy, movember was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do it drove me dippy.
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Is this the chap mikey????

Last edited by Nicos; 16-01-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

That's Mike ^^^^^

Comment

Beards are ok untill they join up with your nose & ear hair.....
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

and back/bum hair!

Comment

Keep growing. I started mine in 1971 after being challenged on parade whilst in the RN and based in Singapore. I hadn't shaved prior to the morning after a heavy drinking spell in the fleshpots of Singapore. The inspecting officer looked at me, and said "have you requested to grow" (which you had to do in the RN), quick as a flash I said yes. I've had a beard ever since. OK, it gets trimmed on a regular basis so that I don't end up looking like the fourth member of ZZ Top. My wife has never seen me without a beard and we've been married now for oh, let me think, got it, 37 years. One day I may just shave it off and frighten her. lol
                              Built for comfort, not speed!

Comment

Hah, I'd do that sort of thing.. wait until she's gone to bed, and then shave and just get in bed.

One day, one of my pranks is going to backfire on me - but so far, I'm winning

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X