Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A year of the beard..... And staying strong.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's funny chris made me chuckle
    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

For the second year running I took part in Decembeard, raising money for Beating Bowel Cancer. Last year I shaved it off on January 1st - this year however I've decided to keep it. Lots of comments about how it suits me, and my OH loves it. Bean gives my face a stroke every time he sees me, and I'm saving a fortune in razor blades. Plus, it keeps my face a little warmer when cycling. It got a bit David Bellamy at one stage, so I trimmed it down last week and feels much better.

Are you growing it all year - or are you trimming?
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Beards are ok untill they join up with your nose & ear hair.....
        Originally posted by chris View Post
        and back/bum hair!
        And then everyone thinks you're a Gorilla

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
          For the second year running I took part in Decembeard, raising money for Beating Bowel Cancer. Last year I shaved it off on January 1st - this year however I've decided to keep it. Lots of comments about how it suits me, and my OH loves it. Bean gives my face a stroke every time he sees me, and I'm saving a fortune in razor blades. Plus, it keeps my face a little warmer when cycling. It got a bit David Bellamy at one stage, so I trimmed it down last week and feels much better.

Are you growing it all year - or are you trimming?
          Was going to just grow it might even set up a just giving for cancer research or something but the lip was trimmed last night nothing drastic though

Comment

My OH has a goatee/tash. I won't let him shave it off, he looks really, really odd without it... I think you should keep it Darcy, at the risk of sounding stalkerish, I think you look tons better with it

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              My OH has a goatee/tash. I won't let him shave it off, he looks really, really odd without it... I think you should keep it Darcy, at the risk of sounding stalkerish, I think you look tons better with it
              Darcy. Hide your rabbit.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

News is that my wife has started to accept the beard it's not a sharp as before (there her words) and another lip trim is in order!

Can't wait to see it after another month

Comment

You could try putting a tiny bit of hair conditioner on it to see if it helps keep it softer.
                  Glad yr Mrs is happier with it
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
                    As many of you know I left the Army in December and from New Years day I challanged myself not to shave for a whole year!

Well its day 16 and Im thinking of quiting lol I need some encouragement to see this challange out.

By the way my wife is not so amazing when it comes to the beard
                    What do you need to stay strong with?
                    You mean your wife tried to grow a beard?
                    I've got an owl nesting in mine & spend half the day picking my breakfast out of it

I've had my beard for over ten years now and would not consider shaving it off.
                    yes it will itch for a while but stay with it the itching will not last for long.
                    Last edited by bubblewrap; 20-01-2013, 07:16 PM.
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

My OH has a beard, he keeps it trimmed reasonably short but he looks weird and 'unfinished' without it! We have been together 18 years and he shaved it right down once and I hated it! Now both my sons have beards too. I like a man with facial hair!

Comment

Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
                        My OH has a beard, he keeps it trimmed reasonably short but he looks weird and 'unfinished' without it! We have been together 18 years and he shaved it right down once and I hated it! Now both my sons have beards too. I like a man with facial hair!
                        Last year, the BH shaved a chunk out of his beard by mistake. Because it looked odd he shaved it all off to regrow it. It was well weird, like having a stranger in my bed. He's had his beard for 20+ years. I was most relieved when he looked like him again.
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Here you go;

Products - Items - Beard Care UK

They've got a shop that sells stuff for beards, trimmers, conditioner etc. It's not cheap but you can find the stuff cheaper elsewhere (like Boots) but it does give you an idea.
                          Last edited by julesapple; 21-01-2013, 10:26 AM.
                          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

When I go to the barbers for a hair cut I have my beard trimmed as well.
                            I usually ask for the barber to just cut the grey hairs and leave the brown ones.(less of these each time I go)
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

I had a beard recently for four months - it got very full and looked (in my opinion) quite distinguished.

I shaved it off on New Year's Eve - it took my wife nearlya week to notice it had gone!

Andy
                              http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Im off to London on Saturday for a boys weekend well I will be meeting up for a few beers will 10 other blokes who I went to Iraq with 10 years ago during the Invasion!

They all had a reunion 2 years ago but I did not make it as I was on a long holiday to Afghanistan so I am very keen to do it this time around!

With that in mind I am now thinking this could be my first real hurdle with the beard I dont want to tip up looking like a tramp lol

I know the title says a year of the beard but it might have to change to a month of the beard
                                Last edited by darcyvuqua; 23-01-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X