Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A year of the beard..... And staying strong.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well- come along- let's see what it looks like now!!!!!

We'll soon tell you if you look like a tramp
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The last time I went to Crete(2006) I was mistaken for an orthodox priest.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

I still don't understand if you're so uncertain about it then why do you want to grow it - apologies if this is explained further up the plot but if it is then I've missed it.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          I still don't understand if you're so uncertain about it then why do you want to grow it - apologies if this is explained further up the plot but if it is then I've missed it.
          Uncertainty will be there until it's been attempted.

I'm now certain I like mine.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

why do you want to grow it -

...because he can!!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              ...because he can!!!!
              Based on that though I could poke myself in the eyes with a red hot poker but I'm not going to

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                Uncertainty will be there until it's been attempted.

I'm now certain I like mine.
                Yes but presumably it was something you wanted to do in the first place (otherwise why would any right minded person do it?), the OP is sounding quite negative about it which is why I originally assumed it was a charity thing.

Comment

In my younger days I was always trying to grow my hair long - because I could - but as soon as it reached my shoulders I'd remember that I hated it so off it would go. Didn't stop me growing it again the next winter.

Comment

Ok so I grew it because since I have been in my adult years I have never had the option to grow it!

I have now realised that I do not like it so I took it upon myself to do the deed and cull the furry thing!

I also treated myself to a hair cut and I have to say that I look alot younger and before my wife left for work seemed pretty happy that I plunged for the razor this morning!

R.I.P beard I will never forget the last 24 days we shared together
                    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Yes but presumably it was something you wanted to do in the first place (otherwise why would any right minded person do it?), the OP is sounding quite negative about it which is why I originally assumed it was a charity thing.
                      Ok if a girl/woman wanted to cut there hair short after years of having long well kept hair then would you not be anxious about your desicion?

iI joined the army at 17 and shaving everyday is the norm so after 13 and a bit years of doing the 'norm' I wanted to try something different I did not know what it was going to be like or what everyones opinion of men with beard are/were!

I had now realised that I may like short well kept stubble rather than grow it out fully Im glad I gave it a go but dont think I will attempt it again

Comment

Hey Darcy, its your body, your beard, and you can do whatever you like with it No need to explain. Don't blame you for trying either - if I could grow a decent beard I would - just to see what I looked like

Comment

I have kept my super long side burns so im happy and so is my wife I call that a win/win

(probably not that long just seems it as I have never really had them before either )

Comment

So you have a change of image - that's what you wanted I think!!

Comment

My hubby usually has a beard due to laziness - it starts just below his eyes ( honestly ) and goes right down his neck. He looks like a yeti!

He shaved it off once after we'd been away and he had beard tan lines - very funny!
                              Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

Right I'm back on this bus I have kept quite so far but I am about a month give or take of re growing my beard!

It feels a lot better this time don't know if it was started to soon after leaving the forces or the fact that I gave up on the last attempt.

I love the thought of having a fully established beard so this time IT WILL STAY

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X