No announcement yet.

Well, I thought I was reasonably fit!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do anyway, and not just because the kids don't sleep!

Comment

Maybe you're already forty and you just don't know it yet...when you were in school were you twice thre size of the other kids?

Comment

Nah, I'm still a short ay arr ess ee, as I was back then!

Have started to calorie count today . On 2.7k, with a snack to go and dinner later. ZZzz

Comment

When you reach your State Pension Age, you are grateful to be alive and healthy- through repeated exercise in the preceding 60+ years.

You need a resting pulse rate of sub 50 and a BMI or under 24 - and then you know you have a good chance of reaching the State Retirement Age .....+ 1 year :-)

Comment

At least I don't have to worry about reaching Retirement Age
            Been there, Done it, Got the pension book

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
              Nah, I'm still a short ay arr ess ee, as I was back then!

Have started to calorie count today . On 2.7k, with a snack to go and dinner later. ZZzz
              2700 calories, are you trying to gain weight Chris?

I won't ask how old you are mate, but if I say The Spice Girls, do you go I remember them, dancing at the...., or who are they.....or cool retro girl group I love the oldies.

I did a lot of digging back in the Autumn and spent some time at the chiropracter, the physio, and the GP's as a result of it, with carpal tunnel, bad back and neck issues. Its not that it creeps up on you mate so much as one day you turn round and it slaps you round the face with a wet fish. You then realise you look like yer dad....
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                At least I don't have to worry about reaching Retirement Age
                Been there, Done it, Got the pension book
                There are some people you meet VC who manage to make age a number, personally I'd say half the time you're about 12, and the other half a dirty old woman.

Comment

2.7k is how much Chris spends on his day's food

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                  There are some people you meet VC who manage to make age a number, personally I'd say half the time you're about 12, and the other half a dirty old woman.
                  I like that combination, mind you when I was 12, I was also dirty most of the time

Comment

... Its not that it creeps up on you mate so much as one day you turn round and it slaps you round the face ...
                    Oh yessssssss!
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I won't ask how old you are mate, but if I say The Spice Girls, do you go I remember them, dancing at the...., or who are they.....or cool retro girl group I love the oldies.

I did a lot of digging back in the Autumn and spent some time at the chiropracter, the physio, and the GP's as a result of it, with carpal tunnel, bad back and neck issues. Its not that it creeps up on you mate so much as one day you turn round and it slaps you round the face with a wet fish. You then realise you look like yer dad....
                      Or sound like your mum and ache like her too in all the same places. It then becomes no longer a laughing matter! Oops, sorry mother
                      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

There are lots of yoga/pilates back exercises which are very useful to help avoid back problems.

I do one every morning - after similar problems when digging - and have done so for the past 16 months. Now I may get back stiffness but it only lasts 2-3 days...

Number 1 here..
                        Yoga Back Pain: Yoga Workouts to Relieve Back Pain | Women's Health Magazine

I can also recommend Downwards Dog..Number 4.

As the videos say: regular use. I do both daily...

Comment

Yes, I'm out to gain weight (3.5k intake a day !) I'm 30, so yes remember the spice girls! I'm already feeling the aches and pains creeping in, already going grey !

Can hardly walk today, it really hurts to move. I used to be quite active, sleep well etc, wasn't stressed really - I was really active back then, so I'm hoping that this is going to help on the above + others!

Comment

Yes, I'm out to gain weight (3.5k intake a day !) I'm 30, so yes remember the spice girls! I'm already feeling the aches and pains creeping in, already going grey !

Can hardly walk today, it really hurts to move. I used to be quite active, sleep well etc, wasn't stressed really - I was really active back then, so I'm hoping that this is going to help on the above + others!
                            Ah yes, you've reached that age when life and family has taken over your free time. Unfortunately the body doesn't run quite as efficiently as it used to, its a bit like a car in that respect, the springs are getting a little worn.

I remember going to a gym across the road from my then work at exactly your age, and having a session with a man mountain, I don't think he quite got what I was looking to achieve (general fitness). After 45 minutes of upper body exercise, I couldn't lift my arms above my head for 5 days.

Keep at it lad, you don't want to turn around in ten years time and say to yourself I used to be fit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X