Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric went off in the early hours & I have eggs cooking in the incubator. OH didnt think to tell me till after Id had the lid off & turned them this morning

Comment

• Drizzle since the early hours. Yesterday's lovely clean, dry and beautifully aired laundry, still hanging out on the line.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Migraine day again.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Googling the term "weed pictures" - oh for simpler times.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Idiots who think green manures are weeds, and start telling me that I should keep my plot tidy

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
              Idiots who think green manures are weeds, and start telling me that I should keep my plot tidy
              Sow it in rows, gets them every time.

My rant; erm; they said it was getting warmer. Are they having a laff?
              Last edited by zazen999; 06-03-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Yep that would totally confuse them LOL

My rant -still ranting about the same thing Grrr!

and the weather forecast for next week

Comment

• who stole spring? Winter has returned. I have icy feet that haven't warmed up yet so I think it's hot water bottle time.

Comment

• Whole house under the weather: (
                    3 year old was coughing so much last night that she got sick!
                    She could not fall asleep until 6 this morning, so no sleep for us either... very tired
                    12 year already off school last two days, and now 20 month old also getting sick...
                    Herself not well either..
                    What a miserable lot we are at the mo
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

• Probate, Bank Charges and silly rules made just so the banks can make money for nothing!
                      Lynne x

Comment

• Cleaners.

My parents, or rather Ma, decided that I needed help with the house (I think it's fine, although things do tend to slip if I'm too busy with the BH...) Anyway, they employed a company from Bristol to help out with a 'deep clean' twice a month. Today was to be the first day and they were arriving at 9.30am, when bedrooms and bathroom were empty and the kitchen finished with.

I have an email with times and duties on. Things like cleaning the oven, the shower, the floors, vacuuming with their special industrial strength machine, high up dusting, window cleaning. They arrived at twenty past seven.....I'd hardly even hauled the BH into his day.

They didn't/couldn't go in the bathrooms because the boys were getting ready for school etc, the kitchen was in use so they didn't go in there. Twenty minutes they were here, just saying 'We can't do this, we can't do that, not our fault is it?....You're all in the way, we need a clear building'

I've just phoned my parents to say never again. My Ma is very upset - she wanted to help me out here and thought this would be just the thing. My father is apoplectic (it doesn't take much to set him off, but this I can understand) I've told them not to pay these boogers a penny and he's going to phone up and given them hell. No, that should be 'HELL'.....it won't be pleasant, my Dad is good at 'Having Words'

I feel like I've disappointed my parents, but if these cretins had arrived when they said, the house would have been clear - not that I had any intention of leaving the house when it was full of strangers - but we would have been able to vacate the rooms as they needed them. There is no way they setting foot in my house again. It was too horrible.

I'm so cross.......
                        Last edited by julesapple; 07-03-2013, 09:09 AM.
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Delivery companies that send you an email, but with insufficient information in. Yes, today is fine, but only before ten this morning, or after four this afternoon. I'm not ruddy psychic any more than you are ffs!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Council putting a path in through a field to cut through to a housing estate. Great, but why not put it straight through along the course of that preexisting dirt track instead of half way across the field in the most indirect route possible?
                            So on dry days people will still largely use the dirt track, only when it's rained and the track is muddy and full of puddles will anyone use the path. No one will use the longer route unless they have to so we're left with the dirt track insight of the nice new path as a scar on the landscape.

Comment

• Town planners

Comment

• Long rant! Is that ok?

Deep breath........... and she's off ::

Woke up this morning after a night sleep which makes a change for me. There I was feeling all refreshed and laid back until I went into my daughters bedroom. Remember i'm staying at my daughters while she is working away in Leicester and we are having work done on the houses we are moving to in Shrewsbury, anyway, walked into Melody's room only to find that HER cat Merlin had piddled all over a freshly washed (by me) and ironed (by me) pile of clothes that I had put to one side to take to her at weekend. Ggggrrrrrr, annoyed nawww not really, I love Merlin to bits and he's only a cat after all. BUT as I was sorting through the clothes to put them all into the wash I got a text from Melody saying "don't forget the men are coming to fit the new fireplace in the lounge today mum" I still had my jim jams on! 9.30 was the time they were due to come and it was 9.40. I would normally have been dressed but I was having a chilled out morning (supposedly). So I got dressed. Surprisingly enough, when I checked later, everything I had put on I had put on the right way out and right way round. Chuffed about that considering the next chain of events.
                                Bang Bang on the door just as I was putting my specs back on the top of my head, so I rushed downstairs and let the fireplace man in, with his young lad. It was all smiles and all going so very well until I ushered them into the lounge where the broken fireplace is. Their faces dropped, as did mine, with sudden realisation that the floor was littered with all the detritus from my move from my own house to Melody's. Three massive rugs, loads and loads of bags of sundry items, lamps, furniture, big bags of ornaments, boxes and boxes of books and pots and pans and ... omgoodness you name it and it was piled into that room. The fireplace guys were not happy. I obviously apologised and started to clear things out, its a massive room and it was chokka! Fair play to the men for helping me but ten mins into the faffing and the doorbell went again. This time it was the new fireplace being delivered. So the fireplace man and his lad went to help the delivery man up the drive with about five tons of sandstone fireplace on a contraption with wheels on it. The drive is too steep for him to have driven his lorry up it.
                                I carried on clearing out the lounge like a mad woman (ahem) while they ummm'd and ahhhh'd outside about this monstrously heavy fireplace. Two minutes later the fireplace man walked in and said "problems". Ohhhh noooo, now what, I though. Outside they were stood round the trolley thing, like workmen looking down a hole on the motorway. The brand new stone fireplace hearth, about 7 foot long was broken in half!!!
                                Ohhh happy days!
                                You have to laugh..... well I do, but I think its hysterical laughter!
                                All's well that ends well and theres always a cuppa T and a chocolate biscuit.
                                Lynne xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X