Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many different packets of seeds do you have for next year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'll count the ones you have, so bravely, relinquished to the VSP. I admire your courage in confronting this addiction. Unfortunately, I have some way to go before I reach that stage

Comment

Well, I cleared out mine the weekend before last and emptied approx 42 1/2 packets out, only approximately mind.

I'm not counting how many are left, there are only 14 days left till Christmas and I'm a busy boy...
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

During the winter months when it's cold and dark I like nothing better than rifling through my seed collections and mooching through the seed catalogues to see what else I really shouldn't buy but do anyway.
        Last edited by Moopmoop; 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM.
        Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          I admire your courage in confronting this addiction. Unfortunately, I have some way to go before I reach that stage
          i will NEVER admit
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I got to 175 different veg/varieties and stopped listing.

I'd probably say I have at least 500 - if not more. I have at least 130 different varieties just of French Beans, and the same again of just tomatoes.

Comment

What can you do with the seeds that don't get used? I worry about these things! Is it just me or do you also make sure you scoop every last bean out of the tin? - It's it's destiny to go in the pan and onto the plate, it can't be left in the tin! I am quite weird I think!! I was wondering about getting all the seeds that can't be sown in the garden as there is no room left and doing a bit of guerilla gardening! On grass verges and suchlike, places that no-one uses for anything much, think it'd be lovely to see people's reactions when courgettes start appearing on roundabouts etc ...
              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                What can you do with the seeds that don't get used? I worry about these things! Is it just me or do you also make sure you scoop every last bean out of the tin? - It's it's destiny to go in the pan and onto the plate, it can't be left in the tin! I am quite weird I think!! I was wondering about getting all the seeds that can't be sown in the garden as there is no room left and doing a bit of guerilla gardening! On grass verges and suchlike, places that no-one uses for anything much, think it'd be lovely to see people's reactions when courgettes start appearing on roundabouts etc ...
                it most likely look like birds paradise island lol,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Ok so now I know why most of you wont admit how many seeds you actually have. It's because you've got far too many and you know you have, but you still want to buy more, as do I. I've counted the seed packets that I've got no intention of planting next year and there's another 60, so I'm not quite as innocent as I made out, but not as dedicated as some of you lot.

Ancee - I'm so pleased to hear that you do the same with the pea and bean tins, heaven forbid a bean get's wasted. I give away or swap my leftover seeds, this year I answered an ad on freecycle for free seeds and gave a load to a colleague. So what, they get free seeds but none of mine go to waste, happy people all around.
                  Last edited by Moopmoop; 11-12-2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    I got to 175 different veg/varieties and stopped listing.

I'd probably say I have at least 500 - if not more. I have at least 130 different varieties just of French Beans, and the same again of just tomatoes.
                    All I can say is ! Thanks for sharing that
                    Last edited by Moopmoop; 11-12-2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
                      All I can say is ! Thanks for sharing that
                      That's OK. I'm giving some away - if you keep your eyes peeled you might see how...or you might just be the first past the post and win some that way.

ps - I do work in gardening and in about 5 schools; these get shared amongst them all...
                      Last edited by zazen999; 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

114 Packs of 104 varieties of veg, herb & fruit seed.

And I can name them all too!

Probably will sow about 70% of them, realise I don't have space for a load and spend most of the summer juggling them around the garden
                        Last edited by MartinRSharpe; 11-12-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I bet you wouldn't say no to more seeds though - best not even try and win any from zazen999. Or maybe I'll have a look anyway, can't do any harm can it.

Comment

As much as I love GYO, I don't seem to have an addiction to seed collection. I tend to only buy what I want to grow.........I know it's different for the likes of Zaz where schools are involved. You're forgiven Zaz but as for the rest of you..........
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Accept it BigMallly - you're still a great ape who hasn't evolved enough to have some of the finer human traits. One day, you'll develop that missing link and you will become a Hooman !

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Accept it BigMallly - you're still a great ape who hasn't evolved enough to have some of the finer human traits. One day, you'll develop that missing link and you will become a Hooman !
                                I hope not dear, I hope not.............
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X