Through the Vine I've met....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Here's a little Challenge for you No-Mates. Make 2015 the year when you meet at least one Grape!
    The easy way is to go to an event, like a potato day, or a gardening show, and arrange to meet for coffee at 11..........or summat. Its fun and you never know who may sit down beside you
    You just need to know that if a phone rings, it may well be yours and it's good to know how to answer it

Comment

• I'm not much wiser now, Scarlet
      For those who don't know this story - some of us had arranged to meet at the RHS Show in Cardiff. I said I'd be wearing a red coat and had white hair. Nearly every old biddy there had white hair and a red coat Plus it was so warm, that I took my coat off - forgetting that I was supposed by wearing it.
      Not to worry, everyone had my mobile number............I just didn't hear it or know how to answer the phone. Chris texted me 3 times, finally saying, I can't find you, I'm going home!!
      Scarlet, had to act as my secretary, answering my phone calls
      I'm never going to live it down, obviously!!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I'm never going to live it down, obviously!!
        Nope ! At least Chris had met you several times before and was late anyway
        It was good fun though, it's really nice to match faces to posters and a great way to swap more seeds!!

Comment

• I'm VERY easy to spot I really am a bloke with a beard
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
            I'm VERY easy to spot I really am a bloke with a beard
            If you've been to London recently you'll know that actually no, in these days of peak beardage, you really aren't easy to spot. Particularly if you team it with wincingly tight and oddly coloured jeans and a good sprinkle of tweed.
            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
              I'm VERY easy to spot I really am a bloke with a beard
              An' I'm not really a Gorilla.............Just thought I would clear that one up.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                An' I'm not really a Gorilla....Just thought I would clear that one up.
                Oh.

Well you had me fooled.

Comment

• Good idea VC
                  DottyR

Comment

An' I'm not really a Gorilla.............Just thought I would clear that one up.
                    Next you will be saying father christmas doesn't exist

All my joy has been shattered

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                      Next you will be saying father christmas doesn't exist

All my joy has been shattered
                      Don't be daft. Of course Santa exists, I've seen him...............

Attached Files
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Don't be daft. Of course Santa exists, I've seen him...............

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51377[/ATTACH]
                        You are him!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Has a large group of vine members ever met up?
                          Maybe it could be the challenge of the vine for 2015. I know everyone is spread out but maybe it could be arranged that several meeting points could be set up. Say for the Midlands it could be a park near Edgebaston or the Yorkshire Vines could be Leeds Roundhay park. We could do our own party in the Parks and everyone brings something they've made to eat.
                          sigpic

Comment

• We've done a few meet-ups before now - from memory there has been Wisley in Surrey, Grapestock in Skipton, Ryton and, of course Vinstock in France. Plus some go along to the garden shows / allotment open days / potato days etc and arrange to meet up then.
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                              You are him!!

Comment

• Now, I live in Kent, but visit Yorkshire regularly, and even know Roundhay Park!
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X