No announcement yet.

Heritage Seed Library Catalogue 2013

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a few changes on last year - seeds that I had then are not in this year - but lots of new ones too.
    Like the photo on the cover!

Comment

So what are you going for VC? Have you got any favourites?
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Me too. Pondering.
        I pondered and wrote down what I like the sound of, compared against last year's and hit mainly the new for 2013 in the end. Some that I thought last year, I'd have this year instead, aren't there. Hence, I decided to request new ones rather than established regulars. It's not easy though, is it?!
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Give me chance VVG! I've only seen it today
          Daubenton's Kale will be one - as its, in theory, perennial, although I thought it could only be propagated from cuttings; maybe the Afghan purple carrot, perhaps Mother's Six week French beans because I like the name! something from the new seeds and???
          Not a tomato as I've saved enough seeds for next year!

Comment

Just curious VC. Wondered what you fancied

Comment

They don't have seeds for that, VVG
              Some of the HSL seeds are in the VSP so it would be as well to check that out before placing an order!

Comment

Not many. I looked.

Comment

Okay, changed my order (slightly), form has been filled in so no more changes. Final choices are Wild Pigeon Bean (the name makes me smile), Daubenton Kale (yeah I thought it could only be propagated by cuttings also, wasn't there a bit in the GO mag asking for advice about how to post out cuttings?), Robinson pea, Daniels's Defiance RB, Peacevine Cherry tom (again like the name! Don't need any more toms, don't need any more peas either but hey ho) and lastly Hongs Vietnamese Mustard. Would have liked to have picked Starley Red Peas but somethng had to be dropped (I like the name).

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                    Why is sweetcorn the food of the devil, when it tastes heavenly?
                    It's the texture I can't cope with, you bite into them and they explode like a spot with a great big head full of puss (apologies if anybody is eating brekkie ) and it can't be right that the outside bit passes through you with even your body rejecting them. Grow a few every year for OH and try a bit every few years but it makes me want to gag and even the thought of it now is turning my stomach! Like pretty much every other veggie though but wish that restaurants wouldn't keep booby trapping perfectly nice dishes with the stuff.

On a nicer subject, am making my decisions today so will post later to share what I've asked for

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
                      Okay, changed my order (slightly), form has been filled in so no more changes. Final choices are Wild Pigeon Bean (the name makes me smile), Daubenton Kale (yeah I thought it could only be propagated by cuttings also, wasn't there a bit in the GO mag asking for advice about how to post out cuttings?), Robinson pea, Daniels's Defiance RB, Peacevine Cherry tom (again like the name! Don't need any more toms, don't need any more peas either but hey ho) and lastly Hongs Vietnamese Mustard. Would have liked to have picked Starley Red Peas but somethng had to be dropped (I like the name).
                      I laboured over Starley Red Peas too

Comment

Not many. I looked.
                        Good girl

Comment

OK, have picked. My first choices are Aubergine Szechuan (had this before but didn't manage to save the seed successfully), Afghan Purple Carrot, Vietnamese Mustard Hongs, Bangladeshi Dhata Calaloo, Climbing Bean Poletschka and Starley Red Peas Dwarf Bean. Fingers crossed

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
                            Would have liked to have picked Starley Red Peas but somethng had to be dropped (I like the name).
                            I laboured over Starley Red Peas too
                            Will try and save some assuming I get my first choices.

Comment

Hongs Vietnamese Mustard seem to be a popular choice! I must have another look

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                OK, have picked. My first choices are Aubergine Szechuan (had this before but didn't manage to save the seed successfully), Afghan Purple Carrot, Vietnamese Mustard Hongs, Bangladeshi Dhata Calaloo, Climbing Bean Poletschka and Starley Red Peas Dwarf Bean. Fingers crossed
                                Core that's quite a mix. I feel I've picked boring now I'll save Ying's Lablab too when I find out how...Zazzy?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X