No announcement yet.

I'm getting married

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL It's actually my second and I didn't have bridesmaids at the first either.

She's actually after my niece being the bridesmaid which makes me feel a bit mean but I am not a fluffy meringue wedding sort of girl.
    Not mean enough to say yes though.

Comment

Congratulations!
      I'm another one to say it's your day and you do what you both want.
      We went to Las Vegas. Solved a lot of problems!

Comment

Congratulations!!

In the same vein as "Buy a hat", I'm sure your sister can still buy a pretty dress for your niece if that's what she wants. Maybe you could let your niece perform some small role such as presenting flowers to the Mothers in Law or something.

But at the end of the day it is YOUR day and you'll only resent it if you feel co-erced into something you don't want.
        Last edited by Plot10; 01-11-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Congrats!!

If you were nearer I would offer you my services, but I'm sure you've got it all sorted anyway!

Comment

Wow - how lovely! Congratulations.

(I ran away and got married and told the family after! I was a lot younger then!)
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
              Wow - how lovely! Congratulations.

(I ran away and got married and told the family after! I was a lot younger then!)
              My family only knew I'd been married the first time after I'd got divorced. But that's another story!

Comment

Possibly one for another thread:
                What flowers could I grow to have in my June bouquet?

Comment

Congratulations and make sure you have the wedding you two want, it's not about anybody else and I can NEVER understand why other people get upset that it's not what they want. Surely they should be just happy for you. Assuming you have a reasonably normal relationship with your sister then you need to sit her down and explain again (and again if necessary) as soon as possible that it's not snubbing your neice but you genuinely don't want that sort of wedding. That you'd really like them all to celebrate with you and if your neice (not sure of age) wants to have a posh frock then that is fine but etc etc. If you're totally sure of what you both want then stick with it, I've only been a bridesmaid once (far too old now) and was very touched but am equally so when I get invited to share people's days and as long as they don't turn into bridezillas (why would anybody do this?) then am really happy to witness their formal union. If your sister still doesn't get it then can you speak to another family member, mum, dad etc? They might make her see sense.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Congratulations to both of you!

Andy
                    http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Congrats from me too..
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes a dedicated thread would be better,but,sweet peas,roses,lillies,lots to choose from,it depends on what your look for,small large,simple,colur range ext ext,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Congrats. I often film at weddings, and really flower girls don't do much at all. They wear a nice dress and they are in some extra pictures. So maybe make sure some nice shots are taken of your niece.

I know if me and my bloke get married (always say we'll do a pagan hand fastening) I don't know what I'd do about bridesmaids. Think I'd go the none route too, but then make sure everyone gets some sort of flower to pin on their outfit or a garland or something.

It's your day and too often weddings seem like conveyer belts, don't let people push you into what you don't want, especially with how much these things can cost!
                          http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Congratulations - it's your day, do it your way and enjoy every minute.
                            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratumalations from I.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Many congratulations1 Like others have said do ityour way, it's your day but it is nice to include family members in some way so maybe your neice could perform some sort of role somehow.
                                Will watch out for your flower thread, I was a florist in a previous life so may be able to offer ideas
                                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X