No announcement yet.

What To Do With Cold Callers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had loads of stuff like that! Trying to take my husband's name of a joint car insurance policy and a credit card - can't do that unless we speak to him - they seem to think they can work miracles I told them what they could do and took my custom elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
      Keep one of these by the phone ........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002QFUXJ...SIN=B002QFUXJU
      I don't need one of those I have a LOUD voice.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Plot10 View Post
        Doorstep chuggers really annoy me. They usually ask if my dog bites (she doesn't but has a big bark and big teeth).

Me: "I don't know, do you feel lucky?"

Chugger: "Oooohkaaaay, bye then" (sidles towards gate).
        I used to have big GS dogs. If anyone asked me "do your dogs bite?" I'd reply with "They don't bite me".

We have a PPI call almost every evening, Himself likes to answer to see what their name is!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

try these guys TPS

Comment

Unfortunately TPS don't have enough teeth to stop the coldcallers who pretend to be doing surveys, or ring from abroad. Blummin pests

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              I used to have big GS dogs. If anyone asked me "do your dogs bite?" I'd reply with "They don't bite me".
              I think I'll try that one.

We have a PPI call almost every evening, Himself likes to answer to see what their name is!
              Usually "Kevin" or "Patrick" . My OH and I have (perfectly pronouncable) Scottish first names and an Irish surname and the way "Kevin" and "Patrick" manage to strangle our names suggests they're a few thousand miles from Dundalk.

OH usually answers and in reply to "am I speaking to Mr ******** (strangled pronounciation)" just says "never heard of him" and puts the phone down.
              Last edited by Plot10; 24-01-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Our favourite name was 'Jude Law' Mr Pots was laughing so much he couldn't hear what the bloke was trying to sell.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I got a call one Saturday fromn a very polite lady who informed me that she had a designer in my street!

Really, I repolied, that's nice!

Then she asked if he could come and look at my kitchen. I had no plans aside from pottering around the garden and drinking too much, so I said he could indeed come and look at my kitchen.

A few hours later there was a knock at the door, and the said 'designer' stood there, ladden down with samples and brochures. I invited him in and we headed straight for the kitchen. I didn't offer to help as I had my hands full, holding a beer.

He stood in the kitchen and looked around, before pointing out, 'This is a new fitted kitchen.'

I acknowledged that it was, before adding that my Other Half's brother owned a kitchen company, and had sorted it out for us at cost.

He seemed confused, and asked why he was here. I did think about explaining all about the birds and bees, or taking a philosophical slant, but instead offered up the truth.

'A lady at your company rang and asked if you could look at my kitchen!'

As he left he snarkily asked if I enjoyed wasting peoples' time.

As I swung to door closed I shouted, 'It's alright, you werre in the bloody road anyway!'

It was nearly as funny as the woman who rang from a medical insurance company. She didn't expect a 20 minute conversation bout the pain in my testicles!
                  The Idiot Gardener
                  Five acres of idiocy: an idiot's journey to the heart of smallholding darkness!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X