Dog Trimming For Dummies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
    Not read it all but pay someone to do it, no way am I attempting to get a ten stone mastiff and a mental pointer into the bath!
    I usually do but actually they look just as smart tonight and I'm not £70 lighter.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I've just brought the exact same thing......for Dougie my rescue Border Terrier - got him in April - had him done at doggie parlour couple of times at 25quid a time, so decided to do him myself.

I've done him once so far took it slowly especially round his boy bits and he looks good, helps that he's the most laid back dog ever and didnt object at all.

Good luck am sure we will become more proficient as time goes on.
      Attached Files
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Bless little Dougie. Pleased he found a new home. My two have forgiven me this morning as we all cuddle up on the sofa. I'm wondering what else I can shave...
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          Bless little Dougie. Pleased he found a new home. My two have forgiven me this morning as we all cuddle up on the sofa. I'm wondering what else I can shave...
          I do hope Mr VVG is not at home today
          All this talk of DIY clipping makes me wonder whether I should buy some
          HM, your dog looks a real cutey

Comment

He is and I've already offered Sadly, he turned me down!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              HM, your dog looks a real cutey
              Oh he is & loves going to allotment too....trouble is everybody else wants to take him home

Good job I didnt have them this time last year.... else the now ex Mr HM could be missing something

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                All this talk of DIY clipping makes me wonder whether I should buy some
                You should its very easy & just think of all the seeds you could buy with the money you save

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
                  Oh he is & loves going to allotment too....trouble is everybody else wants to take him home
                  Good job I didnt have them this time last year.... else the now ex Mr HM could be missing something
                  I really can't imagine what you mean

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
                  You should its very easy & just think of all the seeds you could buy with the money you save
                  Its the opposite actually HM, because I'd have to buy the clippers and at the mo I use scissors! They were clipped once but at £60 a time - I only pay £10 to have my hair cut! Wonder if I could cut my own hair with them too

Comment

Come up here VC and I'll give you a number 1 buzzcut!

Comment

I had one last week There's not much left to cut now

Comment

I used to do our little fat dog, but it was hard work in the tricky areas. So I did the pitties, and the feet etc with scissors. I found out the hard way about not doing one side first...........because when the blades go blunt they don't look so bad if it's not one side shaved and the other fluffy! Kind of like having a different dog depending which side you're looking at!
                        I gave up and used to get him shaved at the pet parlour once a summer and just keep it short with the scissors in between.
                        Best thing was that I left the shaver in the back of the bathroom cabinet, and then one of the boys got his sister to give him a haircut with it.......she did a good job and neither of them know what I was laughing about. I knew where those clippers had BEEN
                        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X