please advise minced beef problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
    Brillient, I am glad that they are acting quickly.

Well done Darcy - I know it can be difficult to take things back.
    i hate moaning or complaining about anything so this was hard so glad i did take it back as this could save someone getting hurt or maybe even worse
    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

You should not feel bad about making a genuine complaint, the store should infact should be very, very grateful you bought this to their attention.

Far better for them to placate you than end up in court on a corporate manslaughter charge.

By putting yourself out and doing the right thing you may have just saved them many thousands of pounds.

Colin
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Well done darcy - anyone producing food, especially in a factory situation should have a "glass policy" in place. Either there was not one here, or it was not adhered to, and it needs to be checked out. I think I would have contacted the FSA too, to get a really fast reaction.

Really there should be no unnecessary glass anywhere in the area, especially wall clocks, which are hugely prone to dropping off the wall at unlikely moments, smashing into umpteen pieces and bouncing everywhere! I'm sure we've all dropped a glass in the kitchen at home at some time and been amazed how far the fragments went.

Where I work there is a perspex only policy - the only necessary glass is in air pressure gauge tubes, plus flourescent lighting, but all the strip lighting is coated to prevent shatter, pretty much like glass tables I think. (Even so, if one fell out, all product would be thrown away, even if the tube did not break). Each line does a glass/perspex audit twice a day, checking for cracks or damage.

Any food product within a minimum of (for us) ten metres+ of a glass breakage (wrapped or not) is thrown away and I am stunned to think that someone thought it would be OK to sell meat that had been anywhere near broken glass!
        Last edited by mothhawk; 30-09-2012, 01:53 PM.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Of course you did the right thing!
          I am always sending off pakcaging that has funny bits in food, usually keep the labels a sthat is generally enough. I always write a letter to their H O and normally end up with vouchers etc as compo. The last one I sent was a few months back and found a piece of tree (long piece of twig) in a Lloyd Grossman jar. They normally investigate and then tell you what it was afterwards.

Comment

Well done Darcy,just think how you would feel had you not,and then heard about someone else with health problems owing to another contaminated pak,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

i do feel good knowing that the product was not on the shelves in the spar i bought it from when i went in this morning

thanks guys suppose i dont like making a fuss when 13 years of army life with being told to 'shut up and put up'

glad im starting to become my own person again
              In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X