No announcement yet.

Food Unwrapped

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I will watch it too. No more grapefruit and I don't do probiotic.......now it's ham!

What can be bad about waxing lemons.........?

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Ha, I once temped (in the office) at a food factory that produced ketchup, brown sauces, vinegars and pickled goods. Trust me, if you walked the factory line and saw what I had seen you would never eat food packaged in that environment ever again. Do I want ketchup - er, no thanks.
      Didn't watch this and don't want to. Once was enough.
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

None of this is new to me, I'm quite picky in what I eat & buy..

Comment

Except with chocolate biscuits

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Anyone watch this? If the reformed meat doesn't put you off eating processed "ham", nothing will! I've never thought about shellac and what it is before! Not sure how soon I'll think about it again either Interesting.......
            I've used Shellac but it was for finished dolls house miniature furniture so having it on food seems just wrong to me..
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Somewhere at the back of my mind I can hear my father talking about shellac and his old car - polish? paint?
              They say that you can preserve lemons by coating them with petroleum jelly and I suppose that is equally strange........

Comment

VC it was probably the same stuff on miniatures it gave a french polish finish to the furniture.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

i was expecting the reformed ham to be a lot worse than it was .... i was expecting them to have leftover pig bits and other crap in there ....
                  http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Except with chocolate biscuits
                    Only posh stuff

Comment

Besides, I have officially given up chocolate and biscuits !

Going cold turkey.

*quiver*

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                        Besides, I have officially given up chocolate and biscuits !

Going cold turkey.

*quiver*
                        I've given up cold turkey - still do chocolate and biscuits

Comment

euck,we watched on catchup this morning,DH loves his ham,but even he felt squeamish seeing how it ws done,i knew there was a reason why my tast buds don't like meat,the sight of that so called meat churning round,then being stuffed into the bags for cooking,and shellac,thats just disgusting,a beetles body waste,and food,shudders' and not with withdrawall but sickly,we wanted to see last weeks,but seems to not be on catchup now,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I've watched the programme concerning lemons and ham. Could someone explain why they had to buy £50:00 worth of various types of ham then proceed to bite chunks out of about ten slices at once?

Very scientific, I don't think.

Cheers, Tony.
                            Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

And at one point having great wodges of two sorts of "ham" crammed in his mouth at once. As if the ham slurry wasn't enough to make you feel sick.............

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                                the sight of that so called meat
                                well it WAS meat ... the good news is that it wasn't heads and trotters and guts and leftovers ...
                                they just swirl it round in a big vat of brine to preserve it, then stuff it into bags to cook it and slice it ...
                                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X