Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold a few things at the village Poppy Appeal Coffee Morning this morning...not as much as normal, but lots of interest, and people who had come particularly to see my work, so that's nice

Comment

• Rooted some miniature African violet leaves in water over the summer. Potted them on and waited. Noticed this morning one of them has grown a cluster of new new leaves. Doesn't quite make up for my husband losing his job this week but a minor joy nonetheless.

Comment

• 1, Waking up this morning. Very important that.

2, Saturdays indulgence a full English brekkie.

Potty
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• My daughter is cooking tea tonight! (lasagne) she's 13, it will be a drama, but this is my birthday present from her (birthday yesterday), can't wait, happy i'm not cooking, but will probably have to help, all is good as she's so lovely to be around (even when she's being a stroppy teen)
          You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

• There was already a thread to counteract the minor rants http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...rt-3-a-10.html but I guess we're going with this new one now.

Comment

• A "Minor Joy" to me is something small, of the moment, a one off, like finding 50p on the pavement - while "What makes me happy" might be something that lasts hours - like going out for the day with a friend.
              Most of my day is made up of Minor Joys that, added together, make me happy
              I've no idea what others think!

Comment

• Didn't need very much in Farm Foods today, but a young family behind us in the queue spent £80.00. It was a minor joy to ask if they had any vouchers and when they said they'd never heard of them, my daughter and I were able to give them some which gave them a discount of £7.50. They were thrilled to bits and so were we.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I mentioned a major disappointment earlier as it was the last of our ripe tomatoes but minor joy of minor joys, I remembered we have already frozen a goodly amount of roasted toms so we have many moments of minor joy to come

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    A "Minor Joy" to me is something small, of the moment, a one off, like finding 50p on the pavement - while "What makes me happy" might be something that lasts hours - like going out for the day with a friend.
                    Most of my day is made up of Minor Joys that, added together, make me happy
                    I've no idea what others think!
                    yups, there is a difference and I have no idea what I think half the time either

Comment

• To spend this bright autumn day with my 12 year old daughter. We went shopping and bought chocolate!

I think this thread is going to run and run.....hope it does as just reading the latest posts is a joy in itself.....

Loving my allotment!

Comment

• picked the last cue of the year this afernoon,not fully grown,but enough to eat,the plant got of to an almost none start,and has been just brilliant,
                        So is this thread,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I'm with Rusty!

What IS the difference? Minor joys make you happy. Don't they?

You're all ruddy mental....
                          Last edited by Glutton4...; 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Hope that's not a rant, G4

Comment

• Fire works from the Grand Pier...oh wow oh wow oh wow......and they followed a brilliant picnic at the 'spot' where we saw a meteor!
                              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                I'm with Rusty!

What IS the difference? Minor joys make you happy. Don't they? You're all ruddy mental....

BM's definition of a Minor Joy - Something that was both pleasing & unexpected.......
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X