Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The postie delivered a box full of bulbs this morning.

Put down the lap top and go plant....
    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• 18 days til I finally get rid of my enormous belly! having trouble doing anything now...

Comment

• Finding the perfect colour felt for making Christmas decorations. Looked everywhere on the net found some, bought it, email from supplier to say it's not in stock. Wandering around the garden centre this lunchtime and bingo! There it is in their craft dept and cheaper, surprisingly, than online.
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Minor Joy Thread

As we have a minor rant thread, I thought I would introduce a minor joy thread and kick it off by a little joy I had today.
          I went to my local supermarket on my way home from work for some bits as you do. They had some fishing poles reduced from £20 to £15 so I though ok, I'll have a bit of that for my jols next year. I wasn't paying any attention at the till & my bill came to £15.48 so I paid & came home. It then dawned on me that something didn't add up. On looking at my receipt, there was a box of Jaffa cakes for 99p which I didn't buy. When I checked the code on the fishing pole it ended in a 9 & the jaffa cakes ended in a 6 (the previous 4 numbers were the same). Yes you guessed it............She miss read the code & I got my pole for 99p.............happy days.........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• What a good idea! Today's little Joys:-
            1. Winning £25 from Ernie:
            2. Seeing my Mum and having the willpower to refuse the huge box of chocolates she wanted to give me:
            3. Taking her rubbish to the refuse area for her flats and finding a discarded wooden CD storage box thingy that will make a deep planter for root veg:

Comment

• Have a freebie pair of thick red velvet curtains that cost 40 to clean, and are now up keeping out the draughts. Yes, I know, but it's still cheaper than buying some.....

Comment

• Getting locally grown tomato plants from the rspca stall in town, getting two 'old odd things' from a friends place that will be planters, borrowing said friends trailer to get dirt, dirt cheap!
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Still having my husband by my side on his 50th birthday. A few years ago we were told he might not be here..........Actually, that's a huge Major not a Minor but, hey!

And still picking soft fruits from the garden. Alpine strawberries & cream for breakfast!
                  Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Have my first ever jar of home produced dried sage,take it from me,you can teach an old dog new tricks,love the smell,
                    Last edited by lottie dolly; 10-11-2012, 09:24 AM.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• what a good idea BM. Minor joy number1.

Minor joy number 2. is also a major disappointment though. I just quartered the last of my ripe tomatoes ready to add sea salt and garlic infused oil ready to roast them to have for lunch with some crusty freshly baked bread. That 0f course will be minor joy number 3 although tinged with disappointment also for the same reasons as minor joy no. 2. Minor joy no.4. The sun shineth. Minor joy no. 5 - no downside to minor joy no.4.. BM you've made mydaymaking me find all these positives. Guess that's no 6.
                      Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 10-11-2012, 10:28 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Its Mr PP's birthday today too (46), so being able to cook a meal without thought to the weekly budget as birthday treats come out of the 'fun fund'.

Baking a cake for said birthday.

The sun is shining and there is a little more snow in the mountains.

Good thread.
                        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The sun has got his hat one!!

Comment

• Being able to sleep in the bedroom in the bed again, rather than camping out in there just on the mattress .... the decorators have finished the bedroom. Hurrah! All the paintwork will be dry enough to hang up the new curtains this afternoon.

Comment

• Reading all of your joys makes my day...........
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Just arrived down West and I have central heating again - for the first time for months
                                Its so warm here I've turned it off - and the sun's out - and I've just bought a huge pumpkin from the local farm shop to paint a face on I'm sure there are more Joys awaiting once I've had a look around!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X