Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you won the lottery, would you go public?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never go public and any charities I gave t would have to agree not to make my name public either.

Comment

you wouldn't know if I had won- I would live in exactly the same way but on a small holding pottering in wales, and OH would still have to go out to work, or i would end up killing him.

Comment

We Welshies would track you down Petal!! There are a lot of smallholding potterers down here

Comment

I wouldn't go public either, but you would have to watch who in your close circle of friends and family you told.....the red tops would offer someone a tidy sum to inform them of the winner and all that needs is a drunken uncle to be overheard down the pub on a Friday night and you will have the press pitched on your front lawn making your life a misery.

I would collect my bounty and act normally for as long as it takes for the dust to settle (go to work, go out, go to the same shops)....then start winding my current life down (hand my notice in and work out the notice period - sell my house without vacating it straight away) and quietly move away to start my new life giving myself time to prepare and adjust to how my life will change.

But all that would be for nothing if somebody grassed!!!

£105 million is a stupid amount of money but I'll have it!!!

Comment

Dont know what i would do,a million IS a lot of money,but in the grand sceme of things,some upmarket properties are more than that,so by the time you got another place to live,car extra,plus holiday,it would have gone down,and with carefull spending,plus interest,should keep the winner stable for life,
            having had a family connection with a winner several years ago,you do apparently get help and advise as how to handle that amount and more,the secret being,not to go mad and spend spend spend,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I've always said, if I won big, I'd set up a smallholding and turn it into a little holiday village for Adults with Learning Disabilities. That was my dream when it started years ago and it's still not changed....so in answer to your question, yes, I guess I'd go public to folk that know me but no, never would I want my pic in the national papers.

Mates wouldn't need to beg, anyone that did would automatically prove their worth.
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Well I've been thinking about going public for a couple of weeks now, well since the first Euromillion win on the 3rd of July to be honest. I was flabbergasted when I had an email telling me that there was good news, it gave me heart palpitations opening my account.

Then on the 19th I had another email, I couldn't believe it twice in one month, I'm such a lucky boy, I'll probably wait for the money to land in my account before going public with it, you know how it is, its not good to get ahead of yourself.

So tell me what would you do if you'd just one £5.20?
                Last edited by Mikey; 26-07-2012, 03:59 PM.
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

You'd buy me a drink (and I don't mean pop!)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    You'd buy me a drink (and I don't mean pop!)
                    What you on about, you don't need to pay for tap water?

You can share my packet of cheese and onion crisps if you like.
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

You're so kind, that's the best offer I've had for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        We Welshies would track you down Petal!! There are a lot of smallholding potterers down here
                        oops- not to say I imagine all 'smallholders' in wales 'potter'- but I would potter- its 'erm, my way...its why nothing gets done!!! ....

Comment

I potter all the time - but without the smallholding!! One day, maybe.........

Comment

Definitely no publicity. At one time I would have worked my notice, but not any more I'm afraid. I would have bought RT his woodburning stove, but he doesn't need it where he is now.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Officially, I have never won anything, honestly!! And never will either (no matter what anyone else thinks or says!).
                              The cats' valet.

Comment

No but I would buy me and Zaz a nursery business, so I guess I'd have to tell her first wouldn't I? I'd also like to provide some charitable boosts too, somewhere close to my heart, but I would do that anonymously...
                                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X